• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

SKY in additional room - Projector???

jamie.wallace

Standard Member
Hi,

I am about to move into a new build property and I am having SKY HD installed (living room as standard) and this will then be distributed into each of the 3 bedrooms via the Co-ax cable and outlets that have been pre-installed.

My plan is to have one of the rooms as a games/movie/footy room where I can mount a Projector and connect to the following:

1. PS3 - Games & Blue Ray movies - No issue

2. Sky - Footy & General TV - How do I take the signal from the Co-ax TV outlet and connect to a project to display SKY via the Projector?

The only solution I could think of was to use a sling box and connect my laptop to the Projector................I'm sure to those "in the know" that is totally stupid but I'm unsure of any other options I have.

Any thoughts please?

D

Deleted member 161415

Hi,

I am about to move into a new build property and I am having SKY HD installed (living room as standard) and this will then be distributed into each of the 3 bedrooms via the Co-ax cable and outlets that have been pre-installed.

My plan is to have one of the rooms as a games/movie/footy room where I can mount a Projector and connect to the following:

1. PS3 - Games & Blue Ray movies - No issue

2. Sky - Footy & General TV - How do I take the signal from the Co-ax TV outlet and connect to a project to display SKY via the Projector?

The only solution I could think of was to use a sling box and connect my laptop to the Projector................I'm sure to those "in the know" that is totally stupid but I'm unsure of any other options I have.

Any thoughts please?

My thoughts would be to connect your SKY HD Box to a HDMI 1 x 4 splitter. You can then connect the four outputs where you want e.g. one to the main room, one to bedroom, one to games room.

The co-ax would not be wasted as you would need this to control your sky box via magice eyc.

Alternatively, if you Sky box has a component outputs, simply connect in main room in HDMI and then in the footy room via component to your projector

Mark

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom