1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SKY+ in 2 rooms

Discussion in 'Sky Digital TV Forum' started by cunnas, May 4, 2004.

1. cunnas

cunnas

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +195
    Hi all
    I have SKY+ installed in my lounge and I have recently bought a cheapy TV for my bedroom. I'd like to have SKY+ on my bedroom TV too. Not fussed about getting a new box so I can change channels - think you have to pay £15 a month extra for that anyway. I just want something that will receive SKY on my new TV. I went in to Dixons/Currys etc and they have this SKY link thing where it comes with a 15m coax cable, an old style remote and a mouse type thing - the only problem with that is I don't want the cable running through my flat and I don't want the old style remote. Are there any wireless alternatives that use SCART rather than coax? As I said - I'm not bother if I can't watch 2 different channels in the 2 rooms - just want to be able to watch SKY in bed!

Any help would be much appreciated!

2. chilpillphil3

chilpillphil3

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    this is confusing,

You can either have another sky plus box installed and it will be totaly seperate, You pay £200 to have a second plus box installed, then £10 per month for a second viewing card.

Or you can get this http://www.argos.co.uk/webapp/wcs/s...0001&langId=-1&catalogId=1751&productId=94740

which will send the sky signal wirelesslt through your house in digital.

This will return the remote signals from your bedroom but you will need a second sky plus remote, these cost £15 from ebay £25 from sky

If you do go for the wireless sky option you can only watch one digital station from the plus box, what ever is on the bedroom tv is downstairs, and the signal gets screwed with by the microwave and my wireless LAN,