1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sky+ image to the left

Discussion in 'Sky Digital TV Forum' started by gersrule, Sep 5, 2005.

1. gersrule

gersrule

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've had sky digital for a few years and last week upgraded to sky+ with my exisiting box put in another room. Everything is fine but i've noticed that when im using the sky+ box the image is being pushed to the left slightly. The right side is fine it's not ending before the edge of the screen. Best way to describe it is on sky guide, the sky guide logo at the top and on the left is right up against the side of the screen and i know there should be a gap between them as thats what i had before.

Im not sure if it's a problem with my tv or with the box. I've contacted sky and they suggested retuning the box but nothing changed. Then i tried the tv maker (panasonic) and they suggested moving the box from being on RGB to PAL, well it was always on PAL.

Basically i'd like to know if it can be fixed as it's pretty annoying seeing scoreboard graphics being cut off!

It's by no means a serious problem but if anyone can help i'd be most gratefull.

Thanks
    Iain

2. SeanT

SeanT

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +371
    switch the box back to rgb (best picture) and then go into picture settings and try 16:9, 4:3 and 4:3L to see which works best - if it's only doing it when you use the remote then you might have to search around to find how to switch the remote back to widescreen etc. (sometimes the remote changes the aspect ratio for some reason)

3. gersrule

gersrule

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    It's not just when using the remote it's just a premanent thing. I'm starting to think it's my tv. It's just not centering the picture and i don't think there is anyway to fix that.

Thanks anyway

4. jattsoprano

jattsoprano

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Gersrule,

I am having the exact same problem. I have a Panasonic TH50Z80 (or something like that -2008 model) and this problem has only recently appeared. Its fine on HDMI (PS3) so I dont think its the TV as such. The problem suddenly appeared, was fine for about 2 months.

If you do find a solution please post it here, i'll do the same

Thanks

Jatt