1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sky + - I'm gonna do it but...

Discussion in 'Sky Digital TV Forum' started by Family Guy, Nov 21, 2001.

1. Family Guy

Family Guy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I don't want to pay Sky £50 to come and change the LNB and run another length of coax. Does anybody know where I can get a Sky+ box and quad LNB for the same price Sky is asking and can do the instal myself?
    I have phoned around Curry's, Comet and Dixon's and it seems that Sky have cottoned on and they don't actually stock the equipment anymore. They'll fill in the forms but the provision and installation is up to Sky.
    Unless Sky is heavily subsidising the cost of the box, surely there must be a human rights issue here.

2. Starburst

Starburst

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +979
    I doubt very much SKY has been putting pressure on large national electrical retailers.
    However if stock levels are still low it's possible SKY and Pace have come to an agreement where SKY get all the new stock.
    Have you tried an independent but authorised SKY dealer?

3. Bone Daddy

Bone Daddy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    We have a satellite installer come into where I work,and on chatting to him it seems that all the other installers he knows are in the same boat as him in that he can not get any SKY + boxes for love or money,sky have no stock and he seems to think as everyone else does that they have really ballsed this up and they are planning a re-launch in the early new year with a one off payment,similar to the Tivo deal,instead of that stupid monthly payment and a reduced price - (maybe on that one - it is sky after all) he went on to say that he has only connected about 10 since it was introduced,and that everyone else says the same thing, "it is too expensive,and I will wait till they are more reasonably priced" - nuff said,I am in that boat,waiting :rolleyes:

4. Jon Baker

Jon Baker
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thats funny this months What Sattellite has quite a few adverts offering sky+ boxes.
    Could it be that production has been interrupted by the switch to a different "quieter" hard disk.
    Good on yer army bloke loads of people (me included) have installed our own sky+, search past threads for details....

5. Family Guy

Family Guy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have tracked one down in a shop in Croydon through an advert in What Satellite funny enough. I'll be picking it up next Friday and instaling it myself.
    £299.99 and it would have been free delivery anywhere in the UK.
    I just hope his delivery comes in now.