Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

SKY+ I keep having to do an Engineers Reset!

Discussion in 'Sky Digital TV Forum' started by reggs, Aug 13, 2004.

1. reggs

reggs
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    I’ve had a 120G Maxtor drive in my Pace Sky+ now for approx 18 months. The box is about 2 years old, but I have had SKY+ since they 1st launched, with the only swap out being prior to my drive upgrade, to fix the old noisy drive issue that used to plague the early boxes. Anyhow, about 3 months ago the box ‘managed to get plugged out’ whilst it was recording :eek:
    As per lots of posts on here, when I restored the power, I wasn’t able to record anything, I just got a message box saying to call SKY tech support and all recorded programs had been wiped out. The box was also unable to lock on to LNB two, as many people have reported.
    I had to call SKY tech support, who walked me through the Engineers Reset which managed to restore all of the recording abilities of the box :) but also wipes out all recorded programs.

Unfortunately, every week or so now, the box switches itself off and when I switch it back on, I have to go through the Engineers Reset to get the recording abilities back, which obviously wipes out all of my recorded programs once again. Its is a huge pain in the ass and I was just wondering whether any one can suggest a fix or am I going to need a new box :rolleyes:
    Where's the best place to get one of those btw?