Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

Sky hum

Discussion in 'Sky Digital TV Forum' started by chaz, May 20, 2004.

1. chaz

chaz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +225
    Help please i have a Sky + just recently i have been hearing a loud hum like transformer hum i went over to the Sky box to investgate i put my hand on the box and i felt vibration from the box going though fingers if i move the box just a fraction the hum goes away for a hour or two but then comes back again sometimes it gets quite loud that i can hear it where i am siting 16ft away could it be the internal fan that keeps it cool or something else. :( :lease:

2. STOWITBELOW

STOWITBELOW

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +55
    There are noisy fan issues with + since a software upgrade. I'd assume thats what this is. If it's a 'recent' thing then it's probably the 'enhanced software' giving increased cooling (fan on more often - maybe all the time) People have talked of resolving this with Fanmate a fan speed controller. If it's particularly noisy, it may be faulty.