1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sky + How, where and how much

Discussion in 'Sky Digital TV Forum' started by marlboroman, Feb 1, 2002.

1. marlboroman

marlboroman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Couple of questions for you guys from some one who spends to much time in front of a tv or a pc...

I can find very little on getting sky + on the net and was curious as to how much it run to? apart from what appears to be an additional "rip off" of ten of my hard earned quid a month:mad:

Is there an additional install charge? As I allready have sky it can't be rocket science to do a simple swap and set the new remote to my existing tele. Besides which I can do without the hassle of having a to take a day off work only for them to turn at 17:00 hours.

How prone are these new boxs to freezing, needing rebooting or generally going pear shaped?.

Hope some one out there can help or point me in the direction of a web site that can as sky's is less than usefull unless you wanna spend more money through them..

:) :) :)

2. Starburst

Starburst

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +979
    A few people have bought SKY+ cheaper than the retail price but only because they were liquidation stock or they knew a bloke in the trade. The price is £299-£300 where ever you go, not seen any online sites selling them but then again I haven't been looking.

When you buy SKY+ it includes a QUAD LNB, to record a seperate channel SKY+ needs two independent LNB inputs.
    SKY charge £50 to install the LNB and the extra cable, if you are capable of doing this yourself then that is £50 saved minus the cost of any cable you need to aquire.

After a few hiccups with dodgy code and noisy hard drives SKY+ is proving to be very reliable. I had my first failed recording for two months this week but that was due to SKY's transmissions and not the SKY+ itself.

3. marlboroman

marlboroman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks,

Think I'll wait for it to drop down to the two ton mark or see if there are any special offers on.