Sky+ - How much !

Discussion in 'Sky Digital TV Forum' started by robe1101, Oct 19, 2005.

1. robe1101

robe1101
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I used to subscribe to sky quite a few years ago ... and now Im interested in rejoining but for sky+. Spoke to sky and they said I don' qualify for a new customer offer and the only thing they can do is the multi-room offer which I don't really want. That means if I want sky+ its going to cost me £199 + £60 installation.

I thought sky wanted more subscribers !!

I am lothed to pay this much and then face yet another huge cost to upgrade the box to HD next year....

Does anyone know any offers whereby I can get sky+ a bit cheaper ? I spent a good 15 minutes trying to persude the customer services guy to do it cheaper but he wouldn't budge.....

2. mh123

mh123

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +66
    Do you live alone or with someone else?

My thinking is that you could get someone else to subscribe?

We did this successfully a couple of years back. I'd previously held a subscription at that address and Sky wanted full whack for a new install; just did it in my wife's name even though the DD still comes from my account.

Alternatively, move house ;)

3. robe1101

robe1101
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I live with the wife, but wouldn't they check on pastcode and surname?

4. Daddy k

Daddy k

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,345
    nope not at all. if your wife has never been a customer then she is by all legally binding ways a new customer so put it in the mrs name mate! also they do no credit checking! u could put it in bob the builders name (as long as hes not an existing cust ;) )
    once uv done it thou and you move house i recomend you get a new girlfriend too so u get the new cust treatment again lol
    my girlfriends lucky its in mine name never hers, so shes got one more move and shes gone ;)

(only joking if ur reading this babe, i do love you and please do not throw my remote/speaker/iron at my plasma)

5. Noggin1980

Noggin1980

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,171
    Try ordering online with the 49 pounds sky+ offer with free installation and 3 months half price sky.

Use your wifes name and when you are asked if you have had a discount before just tick no and see what happens.

That worked for someone I know ;-)

If you read the terms and conditions it talks about the household not the person, so strictly speaking it shouldn't work if your wife signs up. But as I say it worked for someone I know just last week ;-)

It's not really strictly legit but the question doesn't ask if you have had sky before it asks if your household has ever have had an Interactive Discount Contract (IDC). If course the person I know ;-) didn't honestly know the answer to that question so of course ticked no.

here is the link http://www.sky.com/ordersky/home

6. Knyght_byte

Knyght_byte

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +599
    phone up and speak to someone else, then keep phoning every day till one of them offers you a better deal......its bound to happen, one of them will probably be short of their daily quota of sales and will take the hit on revenue to increase quantity.....

(most contact center staff have more than one KPI target to reach)

(KPI = Key Performance Indicator...)

7. booyaka

booyaka
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,159
    as per previous posters - My parents had sky for a few years. then cancelled it.

About 6 months ago they decided to get it again, but initially had the same problems - expensive to reinstall, not a new customer etc.

However after speaking to a guy selling Sky in the local shopping centre, he suggested putting it in my mums name - even throught the address was the same etc.

Called Sky that night and no problems whatsoever - Sky installed free etc as per a new customer.

If you have a partner, wife etc put it in their name and it should be fine. :clap: