1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sky+, how do they install and another question.

Discussion in 'Sky Digital TV Forum' started by stevestarr13, Oct 1, 2004.

1. stevestarr13

stevestarr13
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    So I think I will get it, have normal Sky at present, cable goes into attic, down inside internal wall to Sky box, back up to digi amp in attic and then distributed to 3 other sockets in the house.
    What will the installer have to do, I know there are extra cables involved but I am not sure how or where they run. Can someone please help?
    Also if I buy a DVD recorder without a HD, can I copy the contents of the Sky+ h/d to the recorder,
    thanks in advance
    Steve

2. edgar

edgar

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Sky Plus Needs Two Coax Leads, You Allready Have One, So Just Run Another One Beside It. Your New Dish Will Have At Least A Dual Lnb To Connect These Two Coax Leads To.
    You Can Record The Contents From Sky+ Hard Drive To Dvd Recordable Or Video. Brian

3. stevestarr13

stevestarr13
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    so will the Sky guy have to run an extra cable thru the external house wall into my lounge as I doubt he will run a cable from the attic doun the internal walls

4. Stellavision

Stellavision

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +76
    The engineer will take the easiest route to run the second cable, ie round the exterior wall, over the roof, or whatever is neccessary. I can't see them fiddling with wall cavity installations. They may even replace the already existing coaxial with one of the dual feeds presently used on most Sky plus installations. This is simply one cable which splits in to two at either end.