Sky Home Theatre DVD Player Major Problem!!

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Buying & Building' started by MC85, May 7, 2007.

1. MC85

MC85

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Please can anyone help!! The thing is my Sky Home Cinema DVD player always skips the DVDs I play! I don't want to have to buy a new home cinema system because I find it very hard to find a replacement DVD player for those wirey connections (sorry I don't know the name of the connections). I have tried lens cleaners because I thought the lens was causing the trouble but it hasn't worked! Does anyone know how to get replacement home cinema players or how I could fix the problem?

Thanks!

Michael

2. jelly

jelly

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    is it under guarantee??

3. GadgetUK164

GadgetUK164

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Is it skipping only pressed (original) DVDs, or DVD-R / RW discs? How long have you had it, and was it new when you bought it?

It sounds like it needs a new laser, or if it's in a dusty environment there could be dust on the head assembly arm or something?

4. MC85

MC85

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    it's not under guarantee sadly! but it skips a lot of things, mainly my region 3 films. Well, mostly multi-regions and the occassional region 2. Is it expensive to replace the lazer??

5. MC85

MC85

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    OK it's the Sky SDVD0002 system. Does anyone know of any problems that have been reported with this model?