1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sky home distribution

Discussion in 'Sky Digital TV Forum' started by Zapp.Brannigan, Nov 25, 2003.

1. Zapp.Brannigan

Zapp.Brannigan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Afternoon all

Not sure if this one has been covered on this site but..

I have sky digital at home in my lounge. I want to be able to have it in another three rooms. Does anyone know of any equipment that would allow me to do this. I don't really want to have to subscribe for another box and pay twice the amount.

It would be nice if I could change channels from other rooms, but if it has to be controlled from the lounge then that would do.

Can anyone help me on this? :confused:

2. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Somewhere near the M4 most of the time......
    Ratings:
    +1,215
    yep depneds what you want distrubuted mate just sky or DVD/VDR/CCTV as well to it with RF output is really easy but higher quality is harder. can do a couple of rooms with video senders £60-£120 ish need a bit more info, Also need sky remotes.

3. STOWITBELOW

STOWITBELOW

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +49
    I don't know about 3 extra rooms, but you can easily link to another room either with a radio link as sold in Argos etc most of which offer control of the Sky box from the remote location, but aren't especialy cheap. I wonder if you bought 3 of these links you could use one "transmitter" at the Sky box, & 3 receivers at the remote locations?
    If doing it on the cheap, a wired link to a 2nd location can be done with some Sky quality coax & a couple of coax connectors. There's a male RF type conecter on the back of the box marked 9v dc that can be linked via a female plug to the coax then a male RF plug to a magic eye (plenty for sale either from Sky or well cheap on ebay) to a TV, allowing control from the remote location. Ideal if the cable run is short, not so good when its a long run (lots of wire to hide.) Here again I'm guessing that cable could be split but certainly if all were on at once the signal would be poor. I don't know if only one extra set were being watched if it would be ok ( signal not divided into 3 & original) Incidentaly the link needs switching on , on the Sky box. Perhaps having a cable link for the nearest, & radio link for a 2nd would be a good place to start , giving Sky in three locations, but it sounds like a funny familly all watching the same program in 4 rooms! Perhaps you've a future on reality Tv!!!!!!!!!!!

4. Zapp.Brannigan

Zapp.Brannigan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    It would be better if we could change channel in other rooms as well. I'll check out what argos has to offer.

Thanks for the feedback