Sky+ hissing sound

Discussion in 'Sky Digital TV Forum' started by LordeRyall, Dec 17, 2003.

1. LordeRyall

LordeRyall

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have my sky+ box connected to the TV via scart and to a surround sound system via an optical cable (got to be done for the 5:1 benefit!!).

2 things/faults i've noticed:

1)If I listen to sky via the TV only, then there is a very apparent and annoying hissing sound. If I divert the sound through the surround sound system, then the hissing disappears. Obviously this is not a major problem as I'll just listen via the system, but if I didn't have that then I'd be mightily p'd off.

Has anybody else experienced this and if so, what was the remedy. A friend of mine has suggested that this noise is to do with the digital sound from the Sky+ being converted back to an analogue sound for my TV and the noise is a resultant of this.

2) When switching the picture between Sky+ and the TV (using the SKY button and the TV button) on the Sky+ remote control, the picture quality changes. The picture when in Sky (AV1) mode is noticably brighter (not in a good way) than when on ordinary TV mode. This didn't occur with my last sky box.

All feedback greatly appreciated.!