Sky High Definition (HD) Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

Ralphy1981

It's bound to be restricted from '12'...

Go into Settings... Parental Control... enter PIN (last 4 digits of viewing card - if you've not changed it, that is!)... make sure ALL the age restriction entries are NOT selected... save. Done!

Done that. Still not working!

steve69

I wasn't sure where to post this but here goes.

Everytime I flick to a movie channel that is showing a 12,15 or 18 I have to enter a pin and it's driving me nuts!!

How can I turn this off?

im afraid not ralphy.
i hate this too as it drives me nuts too, ive just had to get used to it.
there is a option somewhere to turn the parental off but for some reason it dont work until after 9pm.
i do hope im proved wrong though.

sorry i must of been on this page a while before i posted. thats why it looks like im way behind with a answer lol.

Last edited:

Ralphy1981

Thanks for the replies.

There should be a setting to turn this off, so annoying!

Saner

Thanks for the replies.

I do agree, but they cant turn it off.

If they did they would have the parent of little jimmy phoning them up to complain because the babysitter (AKA the TV) let Little Jimmy watch some 18 rated flick.

It would have had nothing at all to do with the fact if you have young children you should use these features, it would all have been Sky's fault that little jimmys mind was destorted.

joz8968

Thanks for the replies.

Helpful tip. If you hold the remote maninly in the right hand, then set your PIN to 1111. That way, you can quickly move your thumb across to the 1 pad (this pad falls comfortably to the right thumb) and tap it quickly 4 times. Conversely, if left handed, then set to 3333. :)

Madigan

Standard Member
Q: Understanding that I will invalidate my warranty, is it as easy to change the hard disk as it is on the Sky+ box? Is the drive SATA or IDE? Does a new disk force the same split between usable and reserved (i.e. the 300GB disk has 160GB usable, will a 500GB have about 266GB usable)? Can you make the external SATA port work, or do you have to upgrade the internal disk?
A: Not yet known.

I'm trying to find a guide on changing the HD Disk in my Sky HD box, but so far am struggling to find anything. I've bought a 1 TB HD, could someone point me in the right direction at all?

The latest video from AVForums

AVForums Movies Podcast: Streaming Theatrical Releases And The Future Of Cinema
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom