Sky High Definition (HD) Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

alistaln

Sky High Definition (HD) Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

Use THREAD TOOLS => SUBSCRIBE TO THIS THREAD to get updates when the FAQ is changed.

Many people's comments in existing posts and direct to me have helped to make this FAQ what it is - so my thanks go out to these folk: cjgpers, chaddy, m40wen, neilmcl, JamesBond, bayards, Nick_UK, Starburst, Giblets2, linnite, Chevalier, loz, Kevo, OakleySpatz, plasmad00d, lansalot, skyhdreport, choddo2006.

TV & panel compatibility with SkyHD

Q: What is HD Compatible and HD Ready?
HD Compatible means that the TV has an HDMI input but can't display HD pictures in true resolution.

HD Ready is an official badge that means the following is true:
  • Display = 720 physical lines in wide aspect ratio
  • Connections must be one of the following:

[*]Analogue (YPbPr) - but this won't support content protection and so will be blocked from any broadcasts that are protected by HDCP
    [*] DVI or HDMI HD inputs that support 720p (1280x720 @ 50Hz {60Hz in USA}) and 1080i (1920x1080 @ 50Hz {60Hz in USA}) and HDCP (High-Bandwidth Digital Content Protection System)
Q: How do I know if my TV will work with Sky HD?
A: This site should help here. In addition, this might help you:
  • If it is HD Ready - then it will work and you can ignore the rest of the bullets
  • If it does DVI/HDMI with HDCP, and is a UK 50Hz model, then it will work and you can ignore the rest of the bullets
Otherwise:
  • The TV needs to be capable of receiving either 720p or 1080i (or both) at 50Hz
  • The TV needs at least a 1280x720 resolution (if not then your picture will be downscaled but better than existing Sky SD and about as good as current SD DVD)
  • The TV needs HDMI, DVI, or component inputs

[*] HDMI connection: Perfect as this supports HDCP
    [*] DVI connection: The TV needs to be capable of complying with HDCP (copy protection for HD signals) as SkyHD HDMI output forces HDCP on this output. If it isn't then you need to get a component-HDMI/DVI cable and take component output from the SkyHD box to the TV via DVI/HDMI
    [*] Component connection: Second-gen boxes are expected to lose the component outputs. You will be blocked from HDCP content
General Purchase Questions

Q: Where is the official website?
A: http://www.sky.com/hd

Q: What do I need and how much does it cost?
A: Answers:
  • A Sky HD Box costing £299 for Sky digital subscribers taking a Sky HD subscription (£399 otherwise).
  • A Sky HD subscription @ £10 per month on top of anything else you pay to watch Sky's HD content
  • A Sky+ subscription @ £10 per month to use the Personal Video Recorder features of the Sky HD Box. Sky+ subscription is free if you subscribe to two or more Sky Premium channels (Sky Sports 1, Sky Sports 2, Sky Movies 1, and Sky Movies 2).
  • Installation:

[*]EXISTING CUSTOMERS: Free for those who take a Sky HD subscription while stocks last or until 31st May depending on which comes first. After this installation is free for customers taking a Multiroom and Sky HD subscription, or £60 if you take a Sky HD subscription without Multiroom, or £120 if you do not take a Sky HD subscription.
    [*]NEW CUSTOMERS: Installation is free for new customers.​
These costs are in addition to the other subscription costs that are paid to Sky each month for the Sky service.

Q: These subscription costs are still confusing me. Can you give me some examples?
A: Sure.
  • Sky HD (without two premium channels) = PACKAGE + £10 (Sky+) + £10 (Sky HD)
  • Sky HD & Sky box in other room (without two premium channels) = PACKAGE + £10 (Sky HD) + £10 (Sky+) + £10 (Sky multiroom)
  • Sky HD & Sky+ box in other room (without two premium channels) = PACKAGE + £10 (Sky HD) + £10 (Sky+) + £10 (Sky multiroom) + £0 (second Sky+ charge waived)
  • Sky HD (with two premium channels) = PACKAGE + £10 (Sky HD)
  • Sky HD & Sky box in other room (with two premium channels) = PACKAGE + £10 (Sky HD) + £10 (Sky Multiroom)
  • Sky HD & Sky+ box in other room (with two premium channels) = PACKAGE + £10 (Sky HD) + £10 (Sky Multiroom) + £0 (second Sky+ charge waived)
The Sky World package costs £42.50 pcm.

Q: Which package should I choose to get the largest quantity of HD programming?
Some channels you will get as standard. Others come depending on your package. You will get Sky Sports HD if you subscribe to the Sky Sports package. You will get Sky Movies 9 HD if you subscribe to Sky Movies 1. You will get Sky Movies 10 HD if you subscribe to Sky Movies 2. To get all of these you need to subscribe to Sky World at £42.50 pcm.

Q: What is the minimum subscription length?
A: 12 months for Sky HD, Sky+, Sky multiroom, and so on. You can cancel within 30 days, otherwise after 30 days you are committed for the 12 months. If you are an existing Sky+ customer, we believe (but have not yet confirmed) you are only committed to the remaining length of your Sky+ contract.

Q: How does this affect multiroom?
A: You can currently have multiroom without buying extra Sky cards if you only want to watch Free To Air programmes. However, if you want all the Sky channels in these rooms you will need to pay Sky £10 PCM for each additional Sky card for the box in each multi-room location. The good news is that if you're upgrading from Sky+ to SkyHD, which includes Sky+ and thus will have an old spare Sky+ box, you can move that Sky+ box to another room and Sky will not charge you for an extra Sky+ subscription on top of multiroom.

If you want Sky HD in more than one room, then you need additional Sky HD boxes, and you need to pay for additional HD subscriptions as well.

Q: How can I order Sky HD?
A: From a retailer or from Sky.

Q: How can I order from Sky?
A: As follows:
Q: Are there any deals outside of ordering from Sky?
A: Yes, but be aware that this FAQ may not have all of them:
  • Sevenoaks (until at least 31st May): http://www.ssav.com/
  • Comet have been offering some in-store deals of free 15" TVs, but it seems to be limited to certain stores. Comet's orderline is 08705-425-425 (option 1).
  • £100 cashback offer when you buy a Sky HD box before 10th July 2006 and a Sony BRAVIA HD LCD TV (excluding the U series and below 26") between 26th April and 10th July. More details on Sky HD website (click on WHAT DO I NEED?)
Sky HD Service Questions

Q: When is the service available?
A: The first commercial installations for home users will start on Monday 22nd May. More than 40,000 people had ordered (mostly existing customers) between 12th April and 3rd May, according to Sky's 3rd May webcast; this is more than those who ordered Sky+ in the first year for Sky+. This number now stands at more than 48,000 as of 9th May.

Q: Does the SkyHD work like a Sky+ box?
A: The Sky HD box will have all the benefits of Sky+: Pause and rewind live TV, record whole series at the touch of a button and record 2 programmes at the same time. You can record in both HD and Standard.

Q: Do I have to use Sky's box to watch Sky's HD service?
A: Yes. Sky only supply viewing cards paired to Sky boxes for encrypted content.

Q: What changes are there to the EPG (Electronic Programme Guide)?
A: You can press the RED button at the TV Guide screen to see only the HD channels.

Q: What channels will it show? What programmes?
A: As follows:
  • Sky Sports HD (1080i) - a mixture of content from the four standard sports packages with Premiership football, Rugby, and Cricket and probably Ashes) being the core sports and all being native HD. As this channel contains a mix of programmes from 4 other channels, this is why you can't just subscribe to one sports channel and then get Sky Sports HD. Note that this also maximises the HD content available to the channel. Remaining time will broadcast content in SD.
  • Sky Movies 9 HD (1080i) - HD all the time
  • Sky Movies 10 HD (1080i) - HD all the time
  • Sky One HD (1080i) - simulcast of Sky One with some shows (e.g. 24, Weeds, Las Vegas, Bones, Battlestar Galactica, Rescue Me, Malcolm in the Middle) in HD and the rest in SD
  • National Geographic HD (expected to be 1080i) - offering a selection of HD content
  • Artsworld HD (expected to be 1080i) - a simulcast channel with a mix of true HD and SD upconverted material
  • Discovery HD (expected to be 1080i) - offering a selection of HD content
  • BBC HD (1080i) - minimum of 2 hours/day
  • Sky Box Office HD (1080i) (two channels)
And coming/expected soon:
  • SKY have been granted a license for Sky Sports 2 HD that would extend ther coverage and allow two HD programs/sports at the same time.
  • History HD
Note that these channels may not be broadcasting in HD 24 hours/day!

Check this thread for more: SkyHD - What's on, when, what you would like to see on SkyHD?

Sky HD Installation Questions

Q: Does it have to be professionally installed?
A: Yes, for now.

Q: Do I need a new dish or extra/different cables?
A: You do not need a new dish and you do not need different cables. Whether you need more cables is a different matter.

Your Sky dish has a box on it called an LNB (Low Noise Block). This takes the satellite signal and distributes it down a number of cables. LNBs allow 2 cables (twin-output LNB), 4 cables (quad-output LNB), and 8 cables (OCTO LNB). Just because you have an LNB with the potential for extra wires, doesn't mean that they are all connected. If you have a single Sky box, then you have one cable coming from the LNB into your house. If you have one Sky+ box, then you have two. If you have Sky multi-room, then what happens is that another feed or two are taken from the box to the location for the next Sky box to be placed. So if you have Sky+ in the lounge, and you want a second Sky+ in the bedroom, then you need at least a quad LNB and two feeds to the bedroom, and two feeds to the lounge. You can then record on both boxes independently. If you want further boxes in your house after this, then you run more cables and buy more Sky boxes. This works well for parents who like to give their children a Sky box of their own to watch TV (or a Sky+ box to record their own TV programmes).

If you don't have enough cables, then more will need to be fitted. If you are about to need more than 4 cables, then you'll need an OCTO LNB and you should let them know during the phone conversation so they will fit it for you. As Octo LNBs cost a lot of money, they normally won't be fitted if you're not going to use the extra connections.

Remember that to get Sky HD in more than one room, you need multiple Sky HD boxes in those rooms.

Q: Do I have to have two incoming cables to the Sky HD?
A: No. Perhaps you live in flats and only have one feed. Perhaps you simply don't want the second cable. You can use the Sky HD (just like you can use the Sky+ box) without two cables, but you do not get the ability to record two programmes, auto-change to the appropriate channel to record the right programme, and so on.

Q: Do I have to have the phone line connected?
A: Yes, you should, for 12 months after installation. It is needed during installation to activate the box. After that the box will work without it connected (assuming you don't buy additional payable services that need it), but if you disconnect it during the first 12 months they are likely to repeatedly contact you by letter to reconnect it, and can ultimately charge you an additional £100 to cover the cost of the non-subsidised box (which costs £399).

Q: Will I need a new viewing card?
A: No.

Q: Will they take my old box away?
A: No - it's yours. Feel free to sell it on eBay :D (or see next question)

Q: Can I re-use my existing Sky/Sky+ box?
You can have it elsewhere in the house using multiroom. You can also use it for freeview - see here for more on this. Old viewing cards that aren't active with Sky any more revert to Freesat cards (the same sort of card you can buy from Sky for £20 if you wanted) that you can use with the box to give yourself a Freesat receiver.

Q: Can I transfer old programmes from my existing Sky+ to the new Sky HD?
A: No. You need to watch them before you switch (or watch them afterwards providing that none of them are movies/sports that need an active subscription card to play the content).

General Questions

Q: What hardware do we get?
A: You get the Sky HD set top box, a new remote, and a 1m HDMI lead.

Q: What can you tell me about the Sky HD box?
A: See the attached pictures for more. The Sky HD box is made by Thomson. Dimensions are 400 wide, 80 height, 300 deep. It comes with a 300GB hard disk, but only 160GB will be made available to you for recordings - the rest is for future features like video on demand. The Sky HD box has the following connection points:
  • Digital Video & Digital 5.1 Audio - HDMI
  • Analogue Video - COMPONENT – Y (red), Pb (blue), Pr (green)
  • TV SCART (composite video out & RGB out)
  • VCR SCART (composite video in/out & RGB out)
  • S-Video output
  • Digital Optical Out
  • Analogue audio - Left (white) and Right (red) phono outputs
  • Aerial in RF connection
  • RF1 out
  • RF2 out (9v) for tvLink / Sky Eye
  • RJ11 telephone socket
  • RS-232 port - not for consumer use
  • USB - not for consumer use
  • SATA - not for consumer use
  • RJ45 Ethernet - not for consumer use
+ the two incoming feeds and the power cable of course. Plus the two smartcard slots on the front.

Sky has no immediate intention to use the Ethernet or SATA ports now. The Ethernet port would be for future Broadband expansion and the SATA would be for hard disk upgrade.

Q: Is the remote different?
A: It's a different styling. It controls more TVs than before.

Q: How much recording time will this give me?
A: The available 160GB gives you about 80 hours of SD content or approx 25 hours of HD content, although this can vary with bitrate of the programme recorded

Q: What colour are the rotating lights?
A: Blue for SkyHD as opposed to the old green ones for Sky+.

Q: Are there any photos of the internals of the SkyHD box?
A: Not yet submitted.

Q: Understanding that I will invalidate my warranty, is it as easy to change the hard disk as it is on the Sky+ box? Is the drive SATA or IDE? Does a new disk force the same split between usable and reserved (i.e. the 300GB disk has 160GB usable, will a 500GB have about 266GB usable)? Can you make the external SATA port work, or do you have to upgrade the internal disk?
A: Not yet known.

Q: On current boxes you can add extra channels with a symbol rate of 22000 or 27500 and various FECs. What rates does the HD box list in the menu? I see current tests should be using 28250 - and just wondered if there were other rates listed?
A: No, just the standard 22000 and 27500.

Picture & Connectivity Questions

Q: I saw it in the XXXX store and it looked awful?
A: Perhaps it wasn't true Sky HD being shown? Perhaps it came from a DVD? Perhaps it was fed using an RF (aerial) lead rather than HDMI. There are many reasons why this could be, but it should look fantastic.

Q: Will I seriously be able to tell?
A: Take a look here at the difference between upscaled-SD and HD.

Q: Can you tell me a little about video resolutions with the Sky HD box? What about 480p, 576p, 720p, 1080i, 1080p, etc.?
A: The box outputs in 50Hz and supports output options for 720p and 1080i. Each HD channel will broadcast all content in only one of these formats (the channel will never change its format), but there will be some channels of each type. General consensus from Sky is that movies look better in 1080i and sport looks better in 720p, so it's a fair guess what the relevant movie and sports channels will be set to.

The box allows you to choose between one of four settings: AUTO, 576, 720p, and 1080i. If you set the box to output using either 576, 720p, or 1080i, then the box will force that. For example, if you set to 720p, that's what you will get, even if the source is 1080i. If the AUTO setting is chosen, then SD channels will be passed through in SD to the HDMI connection at 576i/576p.

Note that the 576 setting seems to be 576i over component and 576p over HDMI - but this needs confirming. In theory this means that you can plug this directly into an AV amp/scaler that can then scale the signal itself if that is what you want.

For more detailed reading - check this thread here above post 108 or so.

Q: What happens to 60Hz formatted US shows?
A: Everything (live included) will be rate converted and encoded in MPEG4 down to 50Hz before transmission by Sky.

Q: How is SD content upscaled by the box to HD?
A: On the HD channels the SD-sourced content is broadcast upscaled already so the box doesn't have to do it. On the normal SD channels - it upscales and looks better than normal SD, but not as good as HD.

Q: Does the HDMI send video and audio?
A: Yes. It sends 5.1 audio and HD video down the cable.

Q: Do I have to use the HDMI lead for audio?
A: No. You can run the HDMI lead to your TV (or AV amp) for video and a digital optical lead to your amp for the audio if you wish.

Q: Will the Sky HD box simultaneously output an HD signal via HDMI and an SD signal via analogue?
A: Yes.

Q: Should I replace the HDMI lead? Do I need a better lead to get best quality?
A: NO - but this is a sensitive subject that polarises lots of people. Let's be clear that it's a digital lead for a digital signal, so if the 1s and 0s get through, then they get through. TV editing and the like doesn't user uber-quality cable to transmit digital bits around. The standard lead that comes with your SkyHD should be perfectly fine. Buying a cable that is gold and made out of super whizzy materials won't make your pictures any better resolution, in the same way that super whizzy gold-plated USB cables don't make your digital photos better when you transfer them to the PC from your camera. So the out of the box lead should be fine for short distances. However, if you need a longer lead - over quite long distances you need a cable that is capable of delivering your digital data without interference or loss. So, if you want to get a cable with a custom length, there are lots of options - e.g. take a look at Mark Grant for cables.

Testing with a very expensive cable has now shown no noticable difference over normal short distances. Feel free to correct this if you prove otherwise!

Remember the same goes for digital optical cables. These send LIGHT pulses and are not subject to inteference, so more money gets you a thicker cable that is less susceptible to damage when regularly walked on for example. Other than that - don't over spend money on digital optical cables either.

This doesn't mean you shouldn't buy quality cables for manufacturing and quality-control reason - after all, I use IXOS for Digital Optical for example, but just not their uber-quality ones.

Q: I only have a DVI connection on my panel and so need an HDMI-DVI lead or HDMI-DVI adapter, or if I need an analogue component lead instead - will Sky give me one on the day?
A: We believe the answer is NO - you just get an HDMI lead in the box and if you don't have the right connector for the HDMI lead, then you don't get installed. Remember that if you do go down the DVI or component route you therefore won't get sound and will need to run a second lead for sound.

Whether installers do a special deal themselves for connectors is I guess, something that they might dabble in privately.

Q: How does the Sky+HD box handle SD channels that are in 4:3 format. Does it pillarbox, or give other options?
A: Not yet known.

Q: if you plug a DVD player into SCART2 (and play something) does the sky box pass it through the HDMI like the existing Sky/Sky+ boxes pass it through to SCART1?
A: Not yet confirmed - expected to be NO.

Q: How can I update the box with the latest patch?
A: Keep your finger on Back Up whilst the box is powered down; power it up and then when the software downloading screen appears take your finger off the back up button and wait for about 10 mins....latest patch downloaded and installed.

Q: Anywhere I can find other answers on Sky HD?
A: Check the useful threads listed in the original Sky HD FAQ thread here.

Please fire any comments or updates my way - I'm sure there are mistakes in here. I'll post to the thread when I make changes. Thanks, Al.

Attachments

• sky_hd_front.jpg
    sky_hd_front.jpg
    15.1 KB · Views: 1,464
  • sky_hd_front2.jpg
    sky_hd_front2.jpg
    18.9 KB · Views: 1,408
  • Rear of Sky HD Box.JPG
    Rear of Sky HD Box.JPG
    28.4 KB · Views: 3,864
  • Rear of Sky HD Box2.JPG
    Rear of Sky HD Box2.JPG
    11.5 KB · Views: 3,701
  • Sky HD Top Down View.jpg
    Sky HD Top Down View.jpg
    10.3 KB · Views: 1,995

pyrotenax

Nice move , great FAQ and some nice contributions.

alistaln

These four questions updated:

A: No - it's yours. Feel free to sell it on eBay :D

Q: Can I transfer old programmes from my existing Sky+ to the new Sky HD?
A: No. You need to watch them before you switch (or watch them afterwards providing that none of them are movies/sports that need an active subscription card to play the content).

Q: Can I re-use my existing Sky/Sky+ box?
You can have it elsewhere in the house using multiroom. You can also use it for freeview - see here for more on this. We don't know whether you can use your old viewing card (see next question) or whether you need to buy a new one from Sky for a one off fee of £20.

Q: Will I need a new viewing card?
A: We think so. You should make sure that you don't let the installer take the old card away to cancel and instead cancel it with Sky yourself.

nick.ballard

Standard Member
Thanks for all this information - it really helped...

I am currently trying to decide whether to sign up now or wait.. I have registered and so am on thelist. The key issue for me is that my Thompson Scenium 27" LCD has no HDMI, does have DVI (pre HD Ready) and also has Analogue Video Y,Pb,Pr.

I see that the box has Analogue Video - COMPONENT – Y (red), Pb (blue), Pr (green) - does this mean I will get comparable quality to that received via HDMI?? Will the DVI work with a converter??

Help with these points would be much appreciated.

Nick

alistaln

nick.ballard said:
Thanks for all this information - it really helped...
You're welcome - it's all down to lots of people posting that helped make the FAQ what it is. Oh and welcome to the forums :hiya:.

nick.ballard said:
I am currently trying to decide whether to sign up now or wait.. I have registered and so am on thelist. The key issue for me is that my Thompson Scenium 27" LCD has no HDMI, does have DVI (pre HD Ready) and also has Analogue Video Y,Pb,Pr.

I see that the box has Analogue Video - COMPONENT – Y (red), Pb (blue), Pr (green) - does this mean I will get comparable quality to that received via HDMI?? Will the DVI work with a converter??

Remember that HDMI is an updated version of the DVI spec that includes carrying multiple digital channels of audio as well. You also need a TV that is HD Ready and can support HDCP (HD Copy Protection) down either DVI or HDMI, so that you can watch content that will be progressively become more copy-protected in the future (like MacroVision on DVDs).

So the questions are:
  • Can the TV accept 720p and/or 1080i @ 50Hz?
  • Is the DVI HDCP compatible?
Al.

Dutch

alistaln said:
You will absolutely not get comparable quality out of component to that received via HDMI.

That's quite a bold statement, unless you know that the component output has been deliberately nobbled.

Steve

alistaln

Dutch said:
That's quite a bold statement, unless you know that the component output has been deliberately nobbled.
OK, that was over-egging the pudding a bit, I've removed the statement ;)

alistaln

FAQ Updated with new section at the top about TV and panel compatibility

degsmurr

Excellent piece of work.

Well done.

Degs

E

eric23

My understanding is that HD over component won't be THAT noticeably worse than HD over HDMI.

In reply to the "What can I do with my old Sky viewing card" statement: I have had previous experience of this myself, having gone through a period of having my card in a deactivated status for a month or two whilst in the process of moving between homes.

Once that card is cancelled/deactivated, whatever you want to call it, it reverts to being a "FreeSat" card - ie. it will allow you to watch FTV and FTA channels.

The Sky HD rep confirmed this for me too - I will be able to keep my existing viewing card and use it on my old Sky box to get FreeSat. So the question...
alistaln said:
A: No - it's yours. Feel free to sell it on eBay :D
...should end "or use it as an additional FreeSat box".

:D

alistaln

eric23 said:
Once that card is cancelled/deactivated, whatever you want to call it, it reverts to being a "FreeSat" card - ie. it will allow you to watch FTV and FTA channels.

The Sky HD rep confirmed this for me too - I will be able to keep my existing viewing card and use it on my old Sky box to get FreeSat. So the question...

...should end "or use it as an additional FreeSat box".

:D

I'll just update the question two below that one to make it clearer. Ta.

steve69

plz tell me that the box has got the spdif optical too as i only got dvi on my tele and wanna get the true 5.1 surround. my amp converts to 5.1 but i dont think its the same though as if it is broadcast in it if u know what i mean.

SpadeyChops

Standard Member
I understand that Standard Definition on one of these SkyHD boxes will be greatly improved. Does anyone have any evidence / proof of this? When I phoned Sky today they were a little unclear as to exactly how improved it would be?
:lease:
Does anyone also know if any retailers have actually got a skyHD box up and running instore yet? Many thanks!

steve69

whew, i thought i saw it but wasnt sure when i didnt c it above. but ty for clearin that up.

steve :thumbsup:

steve69

ok one more q plz, i know mine is tv is hd but i get confused with the resolution, if someone could help me out here i would appreciate it ty, my tv has a resolution of 1366 by 768. so if someone could help thats great ty.
as u can tell i aint much of a techie.
thanx again in advance

steve:smashin:

R

rpreston

alistaln said:
Q: What is the minimum subscription length?
A: 12 months for Sky HD, Sky+, Sky multiroom, and so on. You can cancel within 30 days, otherwise after 30 days you are committed for the 12 months.

I'm pretty sure I read on their T&C's that you are only commited to the length of your current Sky+ contract if you are an existing customer...

_gray_

Standard Member
steve69 said:
ok one more q plz, i know mine is tv is hd but i get confused with the resolution, if someone could help me out here i would appreciate it ty, my tv has a resolution of 1366 by 768. so if someone could help thats great ty.
as u can tell i aint much of a techie.
thanx again in advance

steve:smashin:

im no techie either, but as far as i know, they dont produce screens with the perfect 1280x720 resolution, so your screen (and mine) that has 1366x768 will either strech the picture slightly, or show black lines top and bottom. HD still looks amazing, 48pixels is about a centimeter or screen which is barely noticeable on a 32" - 42" !

i could be wrong on some or all of this :rolleyes:

steve69

cheers for that gray, i was just wondering if it would b good for either 720 or 1080 cos our screens dont seem to have as many as some on here so i was just wondering if ours was upto scratch and what our native would b,
i know what i mean but i cant seem to put it into words properly lol.
well i shall find out in 4 weeks today.
cheers
steve.

Gradius

Standard Member
Hi,

Anybody know if we will be able use the old sky+ remote control through the remote eye tv link? I don't think it worked with the old sky remote with sky+.

OldSwitcheroo

rpreston said:
I'm pretty sure I read on their T&C's that you are only commited to the length of your current Sky+ contract if you are an existing customer...

This is what I was lead to believe as well.

Example, I have sky digital + 2 multirooms running out on the 30th June this year. I'm getting sky hd installed on the 12th June - theoretically, this means I can cancel anytime after June the 30th, regardless of the months grace sky hd give you with that, and potentially be free to sell the sky hd box, although I can't see me wanting too!

Can someone confirm this please?

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: The Best TVs of 2021, plus our favourite & memorable reviews of the year
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Latest News

AVForums Podcast: 8th December 2021
  • By Phil Hinton
  • Published
Cabasse adds Apple AirPlay to Pearl Collection speakers
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Vestel launches TV remote app for 50 TV brands
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Velodyne shipping new MicroVee X compact subwoofer in UK