1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SKY+ help please

Discussion in 'Sky Digital TV Forum' started by lukesurrey, Oct 14, 2003.

1. lukesurrey

lukesurrey

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I had Sky+ installed about a week ago..it's been fine but the last 2 days problems have started! Can anybody help before Sky send an engineer out.

(1) First problem was that the recorded programmes dissapeared off the sky+ planner. :mad: I turned the box off at the main and switched back on 30 secs later and the programmes appeared. ;)
    (2) Three times the box has switched off by itself and seems to have reset itself and come up with the sky welcome programme after about 10 seconds. :mad:
    (3) Sky+ planner recorded programmes have disappeared again this morning hence my post! :mad:
    (4) Programmes recorded last night all failed. :mad:

Sky talked me through a software download but that hasn't helped...any ideas?

2. Too Tall

Too Tall

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    As you are with in the warrenty period I would get back on to SKY and BIT*H like hell. They won't like it but tell them you want an engineer to come out. It sounds to me like you have a dodgy box.

Either that or you could try a full system reset, but this will loss you all of your programs you've already recorded. It's in a secret menu, go into system setup and press 0, then 1, then SELECT. It brings up the menu, it's option 8 I think. As I say it will delete all of your recordings though.

Too Tall.

3. Starburst

Starburst

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +979
    If they do replace the SKY+ make sure it's a brand new unit, a week or so old you deserve nothing less and they will probably try to fob you off with a refurnished unit.

4. lukesurrey

lukesurrey

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for your help guys..I'll try a system reset first and then if that fails to resolve the problem I'll ring sky again!