1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sky+ help please

Discussion in 'Sky Digital TV Forum' started by Ymegod, Sep 18, 2005.

1. Ymegod

Ymegod
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    My daughter has just had Sky+ installed. There is a clicking noise coming from the Sky+ box. She telephoned Sky and was told that this was because they had installed an Amstrad box and they do that. The box is situated on a TV stand with glass shelves. She was advised to use Blu-tack under the box !
    Is there any clause in the Sky contract that states you have to put up with this ? There are surely other Sky+ boxes. Or is there anything in the Sky contract that says that you cannot buy your own Sky+ box and replace their crap !
    Any help would be much appreciated.

2. Nick_UK

Nick_UK
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +270
    All boxes will make a certain amount of noise, because they contain a hard drive, which is a mechanical device. The noise shouldn't be so loud that it spoils your viewing - if it does, ask Sky to replace it under warranty.

3. wormvortex

wormvortex

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +340
    if it's vibrating madly put a mouse mat under it, my mates ps2 used to do the same it would shake more than mine and thus vibrate the table it was sitting on

4. Macca2000

Macca2000

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    You don't have to put up with it at all - It's a known problem with the Amstrad PVR3's.

I've just have mine swapped out for a Pace PVR3 (after 2 days I could stand the clicking no longer) which is as quiet as a church mouse.

Ring Sky up again and tell them that you can't put up with the constant ticking.

Cheers

Macca

5. Nick_UK

Nick_UK
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +270
    As I said in my PM, insist that they replace the box, or you will report them to Trading Standards. The Sale of Goods Act covers Sky+ boxes.