Sky+ Help Please!!! s-video in black and white....

Discussion in 'Sky Digital TV Forum' started by ginga_dj, Oct 6, 2004.

1. ginga_dj

ginga_dj
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I wonder if anyone can advise. Have just spent a while setting up my brothers new sky+/dvd/tv.
    He has a Sky+ box into a JVC THA75R DVD/AMP via S-video and an Optical Cable for the sound. The JVC is then connected to the TV through an RGB Scart into the RGB enabled socket of the Toshiba 32" TV.
    When I switch the JVC to the Sky+, the sound is fine but the picture is black and white. I have tried changing the settings on the Sky box, from PAL to RGB, but with no luck. The only way I have got colour from the thing is to connect the sky to the TV directly and connect the JVC to the Sky VCR scart. However, the picture (for the DVD) and sound is not as good....(although it is in colour!)

Surely if the JVC expects an S-video signal, and the SKY+ box outputs it, it should work properly...

can anyone help?

Ta :lease:

2. electrolyte

electrolyte

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,077
    Think the reason why you are getting b&w is that an RGB scart socket can't display s-video properly and so shows it as b&w. On my Philips TV I have 2 scart sockets 1 for RGB and one for composite / s-video. If I select the AV channel my TV cycles through AV1 (RGB), AV2 and AV2 s-video. If you connect an s-video signal to AV2 it is b&w until I select AV2 s-video.

Am no familiar with your bruv's TV, how many scart sockets does it have? If it has 2 perhaps you should plug the DVD into AV1 if that's the RGB one and connect the Sky+ via s-video cable into a scart socket adapter into AV2. If you only have one scart socket not sure what you can do. Does the DVD have only 1 scart as well?