• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Sky HDTV and Sweetspot and Dscaler

I

iranu

Having read all the kerfuffle regarding future Sky digital HDTV broadcasting and the equivalent "which plasma is HDTV compatible" my question is.

Using this and Dscaler

http://www.pluggedin.tv/sweetspot/features/index.html

Would it be possible to view Sky HDTV on say a Panny PW7 plasma for not much money?

Are there any drawbacks to this system because for £110 for the sweetspot and free Dscaler it seems like the answer to alot of peoples prayers.

P.S. yes I know it requires a PC but they are very, very cheap these days. Cheaper than an £800 scaler.

cj

Established Member
The Sweetspot card does not have the required digital input (HDMi or DVI), neither is it able to take a HD input signal so no it definitely won't work.

I

iranu

Yes, hadn't thought of that. I wonder if they'll produce a card with hdmi or dvi inputs in the future.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom