Sky+ HDD to Toshiba RD-XS32 HDD

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by salfordred, Mar 4, 2005.

1. salfordred

salfordred
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Anybody know an easy way to copy programmes recorded onto the Sky+ HDD to the Toshiba RD-XS32 HDD without having to watch the recorded programme at the same time. The copy facility suggests that is would just move one to the other. Is this at all possible.

Also..... When I am recording onto the HDD, I can't seem to find the setting that will give me the best quality..... Any idea where it is ?

Thanks in advance.

2. Neville Street

Neville Street

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    The only way to do this is real time. I set up a block of programmes to copy out overnight. Select multiple programmes then hit select on Sky+ to start the playback and hit record on the Tosh. Then press "quick menu" on the Tosh to set an end time roughly the same length as the total minutes shown on the Sky+ copy out (which starts block copies by showing you all the programmes and total minutes it is playing back). You then have a range of choices:

1. Watch the stuff as it is
    2. Chapter mark the programmes and use playlists to watch or split up
    3. Chapter mark and high speed dub to same disk to make separate programmes, then delete the original
    4. Etc, etc.

With regard to quality you need to "quick menu" then select "AV record quality" then choose the one you want, or edit one of the settings, then choose it as the default for HDD. Once you select it and hit "select" it records at that setting. I don't think a "high rate save" is available on an untimed recording, but I am happy to be corrected.

When choosing a quality setting think about whether one of the programmes is destined for a permanent DVD archive, and if it is choose a quality setting that will fit on one DVD with no further rate conversion.

3. salfordred

salfordred
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thank You