sky+ hd

Discussion in 'Sky Digital TV Forum' started by steve k, Jan 31, 2009.

1. steve k

steve k

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +53
    I have just a standard sky box at the moment only in my living room with all the channels and have been with sky for years, they have never offered me anything for being a loyal customer.

Was looking at the deal they have for sky hd, couple of questions

What size disk drive dose the HD box have and can it be upgraded to a bigger one at some stage.

Which box do they supply, my old box is a Pace and not had any trouble with it since it was fitted in years ago.

I also have cable virgin in my dinning room which i use for the internet, they have a offer on to upgrade to a virgin+ HD box plus the internet and phone line all for the same price i am paying for just the internet.

Just wounderd which would be the best option, to go for the virgin deal in the dinning room and have the sky HD in my living room rather than go for the sky multi room option, as i would like HD in the dinning room but would have to buy another Sky hd box £199 + £9.99.

Which is better sky or Virgin media

2. Broadz

Broadz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,423
    300Gb, though 140Gb is reserved for Sky Anytime. Yes, it can be upgraded to a bigger disc drive.

One of Pace, Amstrad, Samsung or Thomson. It's down to what the installer has on his van when he turns up to install.

Which is better, Sky or Virgin? In terms of high definition, Sky obviously. Becaue Virgin only offers one high definition channel, which is the free BBC HD channel. Freesat offers two full HD channels plus ITV HD when available, and Sky offers up to 31 high definition channels depending what mixes you subscribe to.

3. DP10

DP10

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +16
    Cant believe they are still only giving out 160GB for HD. Complete joke IMO.

250GB is about right for SD, they need to give at least 500GB (without anytime) for HD.

4. steve k

steve k

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +53
    So has it got a 300Gb drive or 160 :confused:

5. BrianMc

BrianMc

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +155
    SkyHD STBs physically have a 300Gb drive - as Anytime uses 140Gb the customer gets to see and use 160Gb (which is all Sky advertise you are going to get!)

6. Bachstrad

Bachstrad

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +262
    It depends really on what you think a Sky+ (HD or otherwise) is for. I've always thought of it as a piece of kit for 'time shifting' TV, not as an archive system. My standard planner usually runs at 45% - 75% capacity and so the standard hard drive is more than adequate for me as I watch anything that I do record.

ATB

Max