Sky HD

Discussion in 'Sky Digital TV Forum' started by pauluk31, Aug 12, 2006.

1. pauluk31

pauluk31

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    Hello all,

A quick question. If I buy a Sky HD box myself, not from Sky etc, and get someone independent to fit it to my current dish by adding extra LNB's, will I be able to use it to watch the standard sky channels and Freeview stuff without a sky HD subscription? Also will I get BBC HD for free I know I won't be able to use the Sky+ function.

Thanks

Paul

2. Member 79251

Member 79251
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,187
    No, no sub no skyHd. The BBC channel is only a pilot run. It has still to be confirmed. Currently there are NO free to air HD channels. Maybe in 6 months things will change and you will be able to buy your own box and have HD free to air channels.

3. riolto

riolto

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Think the answer to your question is yes you would get all the free to air channels plus bbc H.D. trial but a bit expensive 300 pounds for a channel that is only on for a few hours a night as a test,

4. JUS

JUS

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +322
    I bought a SKYHD from an independent and installed it myself yesterday. Previously I had sky+.

After plugging it in the new box worked as a bog standard sat box...so I couldn't record any programmes and I couldn't see the channels I subscribe to...Sky sports1&2 and Movies. I could see the BBC HD channel..which looked spectacular but it only shows very limited programmes at the moment.

I had to phone sky and get then to sync my card and SKYHD box for the recording and my subscription channels to work...I then had to authorise them to take an extra £10 a month from my to get the additional HD channels..