Sky Hd

Discussion in 'Sky Digital TV Forum' started by Mole69, Oct 26, 2005.

1. Mole69

Mole69

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Once again, I'm sure there must already be thread devoted to this, but I can't find it.
    Anyway, can anyone tell me anything abot the proposed SKY+HD boxes? I understand they are going to be available middle of next year, but I would like to know the proposed HDD capacity most specifically.

On the subject of SKY, I have another question.

If you subscribe to a top tier package with SKY+ for 12 months snd then decide to cancel your subscription, can you continure to recieve a non-subscription service and use the box simply as a HDD Recorder? Would it cost #10 extra per month? I have heard conflicting opinions.

2. Nick_UK

Nick_UK
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +270
    Sky have only released sketchy details about the HD box, and the HDD capacity has not been announced.

Re your other question - to use Sky+'s recording ability, you must pay a £10 a month subscription, which is waived if you subscribe to 2 or more premium channels. Note that this refers to the SD service - no price or package details have been announced on SkyHD.

3. NicolasB

NicolasB

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +887
    I reckon the HDD will be 160GB. That's the most common "rumoured" figure.

4. RobbieTT

RobbieTT

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    Well... I'd take a punt at at least 250GB. HD needs a little more space, so I would be surprised if they stayed with the same drive size as the current 2 Sky+ boxes.

If the drive is split into 2, like the V3 boxes, is a different matter...