dalespitfire

Established Member
Reaction score
Anyone else seen this?

http://www.skyhd.com/data/SkyHD_Intro.wmv

Did a search for SkyHD in google to see if there were any new details and came accross this.

Korean, but clearly a taste of things to come. If you look at the Sky HD.com website there is a TVGuide which seems to closely mirror the SKy format (family package mentioned, things like that).

http://www.skyhd.com/html/product/info.jsp

Take a butchers......Apologies if this has been brought up before.

good find dalespitfire not seen that one before there was another sky demo nocking about but it wasnt very good quality this one is much better.

Intersting dilemma.
How to demo HD to an net audience in a positive manner?

Well it's certainly not to release a 738*416 resolution wmv media file running at 1000kbps:)

If you want to know what HD can look like then the clips offered by MS using wmv are a far better example and even then I still consider wmv to be inferior to mpegII judging on the retail discs I have watched compared to the TS captures I have seen.

I wonder if BSKYB will be a little annoyed if they couldn't or didn't register SKY as a brand:)

i like the look of that just being able to get skys family package (which i do already)plus the high def channels (dont wont the sports and film channels).like to know the price though, anyone know when skys due to announce anymore details?

Starburst said:
Intersting dilemma.
How to demo HD to an net audience in a positive manner?

Well it's certainly not to release a 738*416 resolution wmv media file running at 1000kbps:)

Indeed hardly startling - but interesting nonetheless.
I can play this one on my 1.5 GHz laptop ; the other one stutters like anything on the laptop but plays reasonably on my 3 GHz desktop (using VLC in both cases) .
There's still a little residual stutter from the Sky_720_Test one on the desktop .
Might work better with that new Elecard codec but their latest codec has issues with my DVBapps program that I use with 2 different satellite tuner cards and I am not sure if I can have both the old and new Elecard codecs available (registered) on the same PC simultaneously :-(

Chris Muriel, Manchester.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom