Sky + HD

Discussion in 'Sky Digital TV Forum' started by Eddieboy, Nov 29, 2010.

1. Eddieboy

Eddieboy
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi there everyone.

just wondering if you could give me some advice.

i was wanting to get my sky on a second tv but am having a slight bit of difficulty.

the problem seems to be the coax cable. it is going to need to be about 20 metres long to take it from the sky box in the living room to the bedroom. to test i had a 10m bit of cable to the tv and i could not pick up the sky picture. i moved the telly to the living room and used a 1m cable and it worked fine.

could it be the length on the cable (it is brand new)

or are there different types of coax cable and i have the wrong one.

thanks in advance and sorry if this is in the wrong section.

Ed.

2. Johnbyte

Johnbyte

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +57
    The longer the cable, the more it will degrade the signal from your Sky box. Firstly, do you have twin screened coax? It has a copper braid AND a foil covering under the outer insulation. This will give you the best chance of a signal; so-called low loss coax may not be up to the job. If you already have twin screened cable, you may need to install an aerial amplifier at the Sky end, to overcome the cable loss. Make sure you have the RF2 power option set to 'off'.

3. logiciel

logiciel

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5,777
    Hi, welcome to AVF, and your question about Sky HD is fine in the Sky HD sub-forum.
    The thread header doesn't tell us much about what the question is though.
    This subject has been covered many times in the forum, but it's early for you to use the Search function as yet.
    A better way than the cable system in my opinion is with a pair of wireless videosenders.
    HTH - Logiciel

Last edited: Nov 29, 2010