Sky HD worth the money without sports & movies?

themoron

Standard Member
I'm thinking of getting Sky HD but I'm not into sports and rarely get time to watch movies so would the rest of the HD channels be worth the £10 extra?

Sorry if this has been asked many times before but I did a search an only found a thread from a year ago an I know a lot has changed since.

Cheers

themoron :mad:)

5to1

I'm thinking of getting Sky HD but I'm not into sports and rarely get time to watch movies so would the rest of the HD channels be worth the £10 extra?

Sorry if this has been asked many times before but I did a search an only found a thread from a year ago an I know a lot has changed since.

Cheers

themoron :mad:)
Take a look at the channel line up, and see if any of the non premium channels take your fancy.

Its all subjective at the end of the day. I get HD for sports first. Without sports it would be borderline for me, wether the HD sub is worth it, or even the movies sub for that matter.

For example for the cost of HD sub + Movies Sub, I get a lovefilm unlimited/3disc + games sub. However, since I want sports in HD anyway, the cost of adding movies is worthwhile.

HD Monkey

Novice Member
If you're into your nature programmes, then those are the next best thing behind sports/movies.

For £10 per month it's a bargain - and there is nothing else out there for any amount per month anyway.

If you want HD tv, then Sky is the only way.

bigkingy

I don't subscribe to sports and movies, but Even without those feel it's worth the extra tenner. Fringe, lost and house are great in HD, BBC HD I'd ok, sometimes showing the odd gem and as mentioned discovery HD etc are pretty good .
Oh, and sci fi have been showing things like jurrasic park and the back to the future films on their HD service as well recently.:thumbsup:

Last edited:

Starburst

Novice Member
Worth checking out which channels you watch in the MIX options as the HD MIX channels are not dependent upon the SD MIX choice so you may be able to drop a SD MIX or two and retain the channels you like. It may only be a pound or two but it all offsets the HD price:)

themoron

Standard Member
Thanks for the replies. I'll have a look at the line up and have a think.

I've currently got an old Sky box without sky+ so that'd be an added bonus for me too.

BTW, is it a year's contract before I can downgrade if I find I dont watch the HD channels that much?

Bribrian

Novice Member
BTW, is it a year's contract before I can downgrade if I find I dont watch the HD channels that much?
Yep, 12 mths sub. I have it without the sports & movies & think it's well worth it especially the nature stuff..............:thumbsup:

The latest video from AVForums

The Best Movies and TV Shows Coming to Netflix in November 2020: Tom's Thumbs.
Top Bottom