Sky+HD with Triax DDU

andyd55

Standard Member
Reaction score
Good evening folks,

I am moving into a new build property next month and am currently planning what way to flood the rooms with TV signals etc.

I would prefer to have the Sky feed straight from the SAT into the roof space to avoid the 'sky engineer' running a great big cable down the front of my nice new house.

From researching I believe a Triax DDU would then allow me to feed this down to the main living room, where the builder has run two aerial cables down. I believe I can feed both signals for sky+HD down one line and the RF2 output up the other allowing all the other TVs to then have control using the SKY EYE system.

My question is, all 8x outputs will be used in the loft and the builder has already run them cables. However we would like a feed into the kitchen and also the sun room. Is there an extension box or something that is compatable with the Triax DDU which would allow me to further split an output from the loft box and share it between another two rooms?

Last edited:
I would prefer to have the Sky feed straight from the SAT into the roof space to avoid the 'sky engineer' running a great big cable down the front of my nice new house.

Gonna need a much, much, much longer cable to run from the sat, and 'Sky Engineers' don't like lofts.

Good point from Kev. You'll have to install the 4 LNB cables, and the two drop-leads yourself, before the Sky installer arrives to hook them up to the LNB.

can you confirm the F140 and global amp adder will work with the Triax DDU loftbox?

I believe I can feed both signals for sky+HD down one line and the RF2 output up the other
Hi.
M P was referring to this, that's meant to be helpful in getting relevant replies to specific topics:
http://www.avforums.com/forums/sate...ere-youll-get-better-answers-right-forum.html
The thread that he linked to confirms that one cable carries one satellite signal down, and terrestrial and radio if required, while the second carries another satellite signal but also takes the Sky RF output back the other way.

M P: kevkbuk made two good points.
I trust that you also got the first one, about the very long cable.
More in that vein, especially now from kevkbuk, will always be welcome.
:thumbsup::clap:

Gonna need a much, much, much longer cable to run from the sat, and 'Sky Engineers' don't like lofts.

How so? I am planning on using the existing wiring? And I am happy to wire it in the loft and have it ready to pass out to sky engineer when he drills a hole?!

It's more that Sky don't allow their staff to enter lofts, and yet they have to do all the work, including all the cabling, in order for the warranty on the installation to be valid.
To get around that condition of your contract with them, you'll have to negotiate something different, well in advance of the installation date.

Yeah I have heard this about sky, we have proper fold down steps to loft and its all floored in new house but still I am more than happy to wire the loft bit in. However I see your point about them having to do all the work.

Yeah I have heard this about sky, we have proper fold down steps to loft and its all floored in new house but still I am more than happy to wire the loft bit in. However I see your point about them having to do all the work.

As it's floored, there should be no objection to the Sky installer working in there. However, they have other rules about drilling into soffits, barge boards and roof spaces, so you might, at the very least, have to drill the holes. As stated, this is something you should negotiate in advance, and be sure to do so in writing, so you have proof.

I doubt that cable length will be a problem as the overall length probably won't be much longer than for "a standard" installation.

How so? I am planning on using the existing wiring?

The developer probably hasn't considered you want to connect to something that is thousands of miles away. :D Sorry, couldn't resist...

I was so much hoping that an explanation would not be necessary.:(:clap:

about the very long cable.
More in that vein, especially now from kevkbuk, will always be welcome.
still applies, and I hope posters will let you keep them subtle.

Last edited:
Gonna need a much, much, much longer cable to run from the sat..

I dunno, some on this forum do not recognise the difference between Sat2 and LNB2 on wallplates.....:rotfl:

The differences between the labels Sat2 and LNB2 are that S is not L, a is not N, and t is not B.
The functions on the sockets are the same but that wasn't the topic of discussion.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom