Sky hd what to do ( really need help)

headshot

Established Member
Reaction score
bought a sky hd box the other day and my word its very loud .

it was recording a program last night and i shattered after a hard week .i went a sleep for my self

i couldn't go a sleep with the noise of the box .(a fan noise with a clicky sound)

i had a 80gb pace box before this hd box.

im not using it with a hd sub im using it as a sky plus with 160gb hard drive and like watching bbc hd

the pace box was very quite.
how could this hd box be this loud ,is it natural.

i read that its the sky anytime software thats causing the sound

i bought it off a fella on ebay who sells alot of hd boxes

he keeps telling me its sky anytime thats causing the problem

if i get a new box,will i have the same problem.and is there a simple walkthrough to fix this problem where could i find

Virtually from the word go some boxes seemed to be louder than others (mine is almost silent and my Humax 9200 is louder) and as for Anytime well if it's the hard drive making the noise then yes using the drive will make the noise and that could be re-enforced by the fan kicking in if it sensors too high a temp.

If as he claims it is Anytime then switch it off, if the noise is till there when reading/writing to and from the disk (without Instant Rewind on or off) then he is talking :censored: .

The box has noisey fans. The fans should not be on when the box is off unless its downloading from anytime. Go into the setup menu and turn anytime off. Try that.

The clicking noise is the hard drive when box is recording either Anytime or ones you have set. SKY HD box should come with a warning NOT SUITABLE FOR BEDROOMS OR BEDSITS IF SLEEP IS REQUIRED.

Why not sub to HD its only £10pm. I take it you have the full Sky package otherwise you may be paying £10 for the + facility when you could have HD for the same £10pm.

Virtually from the word go some boxes seemed to be louder than others (mine is almost silent and my Humax 9200 is louder) and as for Anytime well if it's the hard drive making the noise then yes using the drive will make the noise and that could be re-enforced by the fan kicking in if it sensors too high a temp.

If as he claims it is Anytime then switch it off, if the noise is till there when reading/writing to and from the disk (without Instant Rewind on or off) then he is talking :censored: .

thanks Starburst for the advice ill try it

and pwood i wouldn't get a hd sub because id dont have or want sky movies

and i just dont think its not worth it
i have to admit the sports is class in hd

im going to try to turn off this sky anytime

thanks Starburst for the advice ill try it

and pwood i wouldn't get a hd sub because id dont have or want sky movies

and i just dont think its not worth it
i have to admit the sports is class in hd

You don't have to have the movies and if you have not got the HD subs how can you view the HD sports:confused:

Starburst i just found out i dont have sky anytime yet

i rang sky and they said it doesnt download until the middle of the night

i taught the noise was caused during the day by sky anytime

it looks like its a faulty box

Starburst i just found out i dont have sky anytime yet

i rang sky and they said it doesnt download until the middle of the night

i taught the noise was caused during the day by sky anytime

it looks like its a faulty box

Anytime is just a service that writes content to the hard drive, it's not producing noise itself it's just making more use of a component that is the source of the noise be it a certain make/batch of hard drives used by Thomson or a noisy fan (poor bearings or over sensitive sensor) being activated by the extra heat generated by a running hard drive.

Many people returned the box to SKY simply based on the amount of noise it made under normal operating conditions, good luck with the ebay seller.

Anytime is just a service that writes content to the hard drive, it's not producing noise itself it's just making more use of a component that is the source of the noise be it a certain make/batch of hard drives used by Thomson or a noisy fan (poor bearings or over sensitive sensor) being activated by the extra heat generated by a running hard drive.

Many people returned the box to SKY simply based on the amount of noise it made under normal operating conditions, good luck with the ebay seller.

illl need the luck id say

thanks alot Starburst for the advice

by the way is it easy to open these boxes and install a new fan or hard drive

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom