sky hd via ext 6 on pd6600

M

markcambs

hi there , new to the forum

just had sky hd installed and use a hitachi 42pd6600 ( which i have to report is problem free) . the sky engineer set it up via the hdmi socket - ext 6. each time i put the tv into standby mode and then turn it back on i have to flick through to ext 6 - a pain . is there any way of avoiding this

thanks

Only got my HD today. Installer put it in with exactly same cable set up as I had for Sky+, so I am currently experimenting quite a bit with all my various boxes and leads. At the moment lost sound on SD through amp / Dolby box. HD is OK, so using TV sound for that. Will sort it sometime, I hope!

However mine does come on, and in the TV's Feature menu (the middle one of 5 that looks like an antenna), I have Ext2 - out set to EXT 6. Not absolutely sure if that is what is actually making it come on, but worth a try.

Im having the same issue, sorry I posted this somewhere else too.

the EXT2 out is for the sound output for using an AMP etc.

Whatever happened to auto-detecting an input with a valid signal ?

Theres no way to store a EXT as say channel 1 from what I can see?
Any help

:lease:

How about a learning remote that switches on your TV from standby, Sky box on and TV to Ext 6 with one press?

hi there , new to the forum

just had sky hd installed and use a hitachi 42pd6600 ( which i have to report is problem free) . the sky engineer set it up via the hdmi socket - ext 6. each time i put the tv into standby mode and then turn it back on i have to flick through to ext 6 - a pain . is there any way of avoiding this

thanks

No, as the previous poster said the only way around this is to use a programable remote, or do what I did and take the TV back in exchange for a 7200 which comes back to the same channel you left it on!

Mine goes straight to ext 6 if I turn on the sky box before the TV:smashin:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom