SKY HD via Component Video?

JNMaster

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Hi there,

I'm thinking about upgrading my SKY+ box to SKY HD and was wandering what the picture quality is like over Component Video as apposed to HDMI?
>Is component video still available on the Thomson DSI 8215 v3 box?

I'd be connecting SKY HD via my Denon AVR-2307 Amp via Component Video to my Panasonic TH42PV500B 42" HD Plasma which in turn would be up-scaled to HDMI anyways as all my HMDI ports on the amp are currently being used (PS3 blu-ray & HD-E1 HD-DVD).

I doubt very much that I will be using SKY Movies HD as I buy all my movies on either Blu-ray or HD-DVD, I mainly want SKY HD for HDTV, especially as Prison Break season 3 starts this month and Stargate Atlantis Season 4 & Eureka Season 2 start next month in October.

I'd swap out the box myself, no way I'm paying SKY £30+ to do a simple box swap over.

TIA, James. :)

Yep I use component with no problems....
box from skysatellites on e-bay, swaped over, phoned sky to pair card.

No problems at all........depends what the difference in price is with sky...
I have to send the box back if i have issues, with sky you can call them and get it fixed.

Component for me too.......................no problems.:smashin:

Yep I use component with no problems....
box from skysatellites on e-bay, swaped over, phoned sky to pair card.

No problems at all........depends what the difference in price is with sky...
I have to send the box back if i have issues, with sky you can call them and get it fixed.
I'll give Sky a call later on today to see if they will give me a better price on the SKY HD box and maybe wave the installation fee, if not then I'll order one from the ebay seller. :)

Phoned SKY up and they charged me £199 with free installation, so only £11 more than the eBay seller and gives me peace of mind per chance something goes wrong with the box. :)

Their coming on Sunday morning, woohoo. :D

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom