• SkyHD plus some mates

Votes: 44 23.9%
  • Sub standard ITV for me

Votes: 15 8.2%

• Total voters

sizedoesmatter

Established Member
Reaction score
How many viewers will ITV SD lose in direct competition with SkyHD for this, are you having mates round who would normally have to put up with sub standard :suicide: ITV mediocrity.

SKYHD for me all the way !:clap:

What's this? A "Let's justify the expense of the SKY HD sports package and diss ITV" post? :eek: :)

Personally, I'll be quite happy watching the match on ITV HD either done as an up res test (the Rangers match looked pretty good on my Panny) or possibly even in HD if they "do" show it. The main thing is though, that it wont cost ITV HD viewers any more than the cost of the Licence Fee (yes I know this funds BBC and not ITV, but you still need a licence to view it..lol). Of course, we ITV HD viewers may decide to eat food or maybe even buy a car this week and so indirectly fund the advertisers as has been suggested before...lol!! :D

Either way it's the match that matters and it's a formality...UTD will win!!! :thumbsup: :D

Gae

What's this? A "Let's justify the expense of the SKY HD sports package and diss ITV" post? :eek: :)

Yup! :D

Sky all the way for me. If you want quality, you have to pay for it but a lot of free stuff you get is just junk... ;)

What Sky should do if thy know it will shown shown of ITV, why not give all Sky viewers the opportunity to view it on Sky One HD?

I would watch the HD version of the match but I would pay extra, I will end up watching ITV.

I'm finishin at 4pm, packin both my telly back in its box and the hd box and carting it round to my mates house!

Though i was a bit gutted to when i heard that the M.E.N. is showing the match on a 60ft screen or sumat...

shall watch it on Itv Hd , its much cheaper than sky :D

shall watch it on Itv Hd , its much cheaper than sky :D

But only upscaled and not in HD I believe, providing they show it of course, after all the channel isn't launched yet! :D

ATB

Max

I watched Dexter last night on the projector and I have to say I'm impressed with ITVs up resolution tests. It's almost at the point where I sometimes cant tell the difference between it and HD, yes even on a projector. On a smaller screen the difference is almost negligible. The main thing is that ITV can now boast having a decent PQ and has finally moved with the times.....come on you Reds!!! :D

Gae

I don't have Sky HD, but will be watching it on Sky Sports in SD as the ITV SD quality is worse and really annoying.

Unfortunately I'll be watching it on ITV since my Sky HD box isn't arriving until Friday :( I wish I'd thought of that when I was arranging installation :oops:

I dont have sky sports so can only watch it on ITV :suicide:

Jesus, you would have thought itv would have made the effort tonight of all nights. Wonder what itv hd looks like

Well, I've just compared ITV SD, Sky SD and Sky HD and I have to say that ITV wins hands down. Well done ITV, don't listen to all these whingers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:confused::suicide::rolleyes::(:mad::oops::devil:

(And I don't usually use icons).

Ken

I flicked over to check the PQ on ITV. Yet another shocking picture from them. I must admit to taking some perverse pleasure from sticking two fingers up at the screen as I quickly turned back over to Sky HD! :clap:

The ITVHD picture is decent far better than ITV SD and Sky SD. Perhaps that would have been a better subject for the poll?

The ITVHD picture is decent far better than ITV SD and Sky SD. Perhaps that would have been a better subject for the poll?

Maybe, but the vast majority of HD equipment owners can't comment due to ITV's crass decision!!!

Ken

lol, i watched the shootout on ITV even though i've had HD since launch, didn't realise it was on sky, not really a football fan:oops:

Not got a surround system, is it actually Dolby digital, decent sound mix lol?

Running a distorted poll on an HD forum is hardly representative of the nation.

But it's not a poll for the Nation, is it? It was to ask this Forum's members how they would be watching the Final. Obviously you didn't watch it on Sky because you've cancelled the service.

ATB

Max

That will be because Sky provided the coverage to ITV. Upscaled SD, assuming that's what it was, is bound to be better than ITV or Sky's SD coverage.

As others have said, what would be the point of basing the poll around ITV HD? The channel hasn't launched yet and it's only a handful of people seeing the transmissions. :confused:

ATB

Max

as the start of the game clashed with putting the kids to bed, at 745 I went to my Sky planner and pressed record on Sports HD but the red light didn't go on on my box. So I tried viewing the channel and it didn't work (technical fault with the channel). Strange.

So I recorded SD instead.

When I finished catching up duing extra time using x2 / x6 etc. I tried selecting the HD channel again but came up with the same error message. but when I cancelled recording SD and then selected HD it worked.

Any ideas??

I see ITV did their usual quick cut off as soon as the cup was presented, although this time they did a actually manage to capture it (remember Schmichael in 1999? ;) )

Still, ITV have never been one to dwell on the after presentation celebrations unlike Sky whose coverage went on for ages afterwards.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom