Sky HD to a Projector

A

Algor777

I am going to have Sky HD installed this Friday and am really looking forward to it. My question is can I connect it to a HD Ready TV and to a Projector at the same time.

My projector is Optoma H30A which has a DVD-I Input.

Connection should be no problem - component to the TV, and HDMI to the projector (with a HDMI-DVI cable).

Alternatively, HDMI out of the Sky box into a HDMI splitter then HDMI to TV (with HDMI cable) and HDMI to projector (with HDMI-DVI cable).

I am going to have Sky HD installed this Friday and am really looking forward to it. My question is can I connect it to a HD Ready TV and to a Projector at the same time.

My projector is Optoma H30A which has a DVD-I Input.
The Sky HD box has 1 component output and 1 HDMI output.

You can use an amp which has component or HDMI switching.
Or you can use a splitter or switch (HDMI) like I do.

The Sky HD box has 1 component output and 1 HDMI output.

You can use an amp which has component or HDMI switching.

My projector could not pick up any signal from the Sky HD componenet output. However, there was no problem when I use the S-Video output.

Could this be something wrong with my component tables?

I use the HDMI to the TV and component to the projector. Both work at the same time. :smashin:

Hello Algor777

Keep in mind the S-Video Output of the SKY HD box is not delivering an HD resolution signal - mind you your projector is an 852x480 array so somewhere along the way the HD channels have to be down converted.

The 'Green' connection (labelled Y) on the Component Output (SKY HD)/Input (Projector) is the key connection in terms of getting your Projector to lock on to the signal - if the Y signal arrives at the Projector you ought to get a Black & White image.

If you have a cable problem try a different cable on the Y Output/Input line and re-sync the Projector.

Joe

Hello Algor777

Keep in mind the S-Video Output of the SKY HD box is not delivering an HD resolution signal - mind you your projector is an 852x480 array so somewhere along the way the HD channels have to be down converted.

The 'Green' connection (labelled Y) on the Component Output (SKY HD)/Input (Projector) is the key connection in terms of getting your Projector to lock on to the signal - if the Y signal arrives at the Projector you ought to get a Black & White image.

If you have a cable problem try a different cable on the Y Output/Input line and re-sync the Projector.

Joe
My projector has a DVI input as well. I'll try to get a HDMI to DVI cable (about 10m) and see if it makes any differences.

Hello Algor777

Joe
I have re-connected the component cable from the Sky HD box to the projector and set the picture settings to 720p.

It works fine now but my projector manual says it is capable of accepting 1080i. Perhaps I have to use a HDMI to DVI cable to get a better picture.

Hello Algor777

Worth confirming it does 1080i at 50Hz - lots of Displays/Projectors will do 1080i at 60Hz only.

Joe

I use the HDMI to the TV and component to the projector. Both work at the same time. :smashin:

You answered my question before i even asked it! thanks

Ben

Connection should be no problem - component to the TV, and HDMI to the projector (with a HDMI-DVI cable).

Alternatively, HDMI out of the Sky box into a HDMI splitter then HDMI to TV (with HDMI cable) and HDMI to projector (with HDMI-DVI cable).

I will go for a HDMI splitter and a 10m HDMI-DVI cable? Any idea how much is a HDMI splitter?

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom