Sky HD to a LCD TV with DVI port

A

Algor777

I had my Sky HD installed yesterday but so far a bit disappointed with the quality of the picture.

I have to use a HDMI to DVI cable to connect the HD box to my Samsung LCD TV because it does not have a HDMI port. Will this down grade the quality of the output?

I have still got my Sky+ box in another room and the picture from Scart is not much different.

Using a HDMI to DVI cable will not downgrade the quality of your picture as it's a digital signal as long the cables ok. I'm using one on my 42" plasma and pictures amazing on HD.

Is your box set to 1080i, are the HD channels any better or is just the SD channels that leave you felling unimpressed.

I had my Sky HD installed yesterday but so far a bit disappointed with the quality of the picture.

Any specific channel/programme and were you satisfied with the LCD performance using SD pictures via RGB scart?
Make sure you are watching HD content, a few channels mix upscaled SD with native HD and if the BBC HD channel doesn't impress then cancel and get your money back:)

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom