• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.
  • Black Friday Deals
    Visit our Black Friday page for our frequently updated, hand picked deals on TVs and other tech.

sky hd through onkyo 905

smurphy

Standard Member
i have an onyko 905 and have just had sky hd installed,would the sd channels benefit from running the sky through the 905 and if so what would be the best way to do this.i have the sky optical audio through the amp and the picture going into the tv via hdmi.thank you

karlos82

Standard Member
personally, i would run the hd box via hdmi into the onkyo,the reciever will upscale sd transmission to 1080p.
also using the hdmi for the audio.
thats how ive got mine running. (onkyo txsr876)
not shure if you are aware of this but if you press and hold the display button on your remote, it will give several options, such as resolution.
like wise with the display button on the front of the reciever but this will only tell you the resolution input and upscalling output.

Last edited:

dwhite

Distinguished Member
Karlos82 - You don't want to use HDMI from SkyHD for audio. Its stereo only over HDMI, you need a optical (or coax) connection for 5.1 from SkyHD.

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom