SKY+ HD; Telephone not connected??

Discussion in 'Sky Digital TV Forum' started by R1KEB, Feb 18, 2013.

1. R1KEB

R1KEB
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Had an interesting conversation with SKY 'technical' call centre this afternoon!

Tried to purchase an On Demand film this afternoon only to get the message relating to "ensure your telephone line is connected", after doing the usual switch off, unplug from the mains etc I phoned SKY and after being guided through the same steps, got an answer of "you need one of engineers to come out (@ £65 I should point out)".
    At this point I asked to be transferred to cancellations as I wasn't prepared to pay £65 as the box worked the night before and I knew there wasn't anything wrong with the phone line (the phone and broadband works fine).

Long story short, retentions (also known as cancellations) offered an engineer for £15 and they're coming out on Thursday.

Has anyone else experienced this problem, or has my Amstrad just had it, it's about 5 years old so probably due replacing?

2. logiciel

logiciel

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5,789
    Well overdue for replacing, and they don't use engineers for this sort of thing.;)

3. HD sceptic

HD sceptic

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +81
    Sorry, I wouldn't even pay £15 for that!
    OK, if the box was completely broken, then yes I can understand that they would want to charge you for a new one, but for them to investigate a fault that is preventing you buying media products from them over and above what you are already paying for... they should be bending over backwards to restore the functionality as quickly as possible

4. Stevenage Neil

Stevenage Neil

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +897
    Er, before denigrating Sky, or anyone, how about asking the OP what his Sky box says regarding the telephone connection and going from there? (Sky CS representatives, along with their customers, are not the sharpest knives in the box)

5. Tight Git

Tight Git

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +597
    What a cutting remark! :eek:

Shouldn't that be some customers? ;)