Sky+HD - System health check

Malcolm H

Standard Member
Reaction score
Sky+HD - Services/System setup/System health check

Has anybody used or have experience of the above setting, accessible via the Sky+HD remote?

A non-technical friend of mine recently purchased a new Pace Sky+HD with
750Gb hard drive. After phoning Sky to pair his viewing card with the new
box he found that the recording function did not work, even though he could
receive all the encrypted channels ok. Every time he tried to record or
'live pause' he received an on-screen error message.

He then telephoned Sky who talked him through a procedure via the 'System
health check' feature. Sky gave him an access code which he entered via the remote, and then some further instructions which cured the problem. He can't remember what the instuctions were.

I am interested to know what diagnostics, fixes etc are available via the
'System health check'. Does anybody know?

Sky+HD - Services/System setup/System health check

Has anybody used or have experience of the above setting, accessible via the Sky+HD remote?

A non-technical friend of mine recently purchased a new Pace Sky+HD with
750Gb hard drive. After phoning Sky to pair his viewing card with the new
box he found that the recording function did not work, even though he could
receive all the encrypted channels ok. Every time he tried to record or
'live pause' he received an on-screen error message.

He then telephoned Sky who talked him through a procedure via the 'System
health check' feature. Sky gave him an access code which he entered via the remote, and then some further instructions which cured the problem. He can't remember what the instuctions were.

I am interested to know what diagnostics, fixes etc are available via the
'System health check'. Does anybody know?

They probably just went through the usual "try everything" method........................then finished off with a simple Planner Re-Build that fixed the problem ! :rolleyes:

They probably just went through the usual "try everything" method........................then finished off with a simple Planner Re-Build that fixed the problem ! :rolleyes:

No it wasn't that. It was a brand new box with no recordings. The fix which worked was via the 'Health check' menu item which is only accessible after entering a code given by phone from the Sky help line.

All the System Health Check does is run a series of diagnostic tests and returns an error code for any problems found and a report code for things such as signal strength and quality. It does not per se actually fix any problems and is not intended for unsupported customer use.

All the System Health Check does is run a series of diagnostic tests and returns an error code for any problems found and a report code for things such as signal strength and quality. It does not per se actually fix any problems and is not intended for unsupported customer use.

Thank you Dave, your response was very helpful.

Malcolm

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom