Sky+HD surround sound

Windeos

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi,

Just a quick question, if I was to connect my living room tv to a hdmi splitter with the hdmi cable going to my living room plasma and then another hdmi cable to my bedroom tv, coaxial to bedroom tv and optical to living room tv.

Would I get DD5.1 in both tv's during hd broadcasts at the same time?

Sky don't do DD through HDMI. The only way is via optical, or on the new boxes coaxial or optical.

I think he knows that, for as well as HDMI hes sending coax (presumably the digital coax) to the bedroom and optical in the living room. I think he means do the digital coax and optical output at the same time and the answer is yes.

I have a similar questioin...

Im going to have sky hd in the living room connected to a HDMI splitter which takes the additional HDMI (2) cable to the bedroom straight to the tv.

From this splitter in the living room the HDMI (1) will go into my 5.1 reciever along with an optical cable to carry the HD audio.

So my question is, does sky output audio over hdmi and also the 5.1 audio via optical at the same time? So I can get sky hd in the living room with 5.1 surround, and then when needed, basic sky hd through a small lcd.

I think he knows that, for as well as HDMI hes sending coax (presumably the digital coax) to the bedroom and optical in the living room. I think he means do the digital coax and optical output at the same time and the answer is yes.

Yes, your'e correct. Whether or not both TVs have DD5.1 capability is another question. There aren't many.

The outputs of sky are all active at the same time, with the following provisos

1) HD channels will only be in SD on the Scart, Svideo and RF outputs.

2) Audio from HDMI will only be in stereo.

With the above conditions, all the audio and video outputs are active at the same time. Its quite useful in that way, it makes it easier to distribute sky.

Thanks for the replies, most helpful.

I've got q acoustic set up in my room (5.1) and another 5.1 system in the living room so was wanting to know if I'm able to have DD5.1 in both rooms at the same time. Thanks for all the replies

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom