Sky HD Sound problems

Discussion in 'Sky Digital TV Forum' started by Yid219, Nov 29, 2010.

1. Yid219

Yid219

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    I dont know if anyone can point me in the right direction. We recently went back to having sky movies and I recorded Transformers 2 but at the end credits when they go back to the college class room and the pupils are laughing the sound goes all distorted. I have re-recorded it again but also recorded it on my daughters sky+ box and exactly the same thing happened on both boxes at the same point.

i have spoke with sky and they have made me do a planner rebuild and want me to do a complete reinstall on my hd box but as this issue is on our HD box and my daughters sky+ box could it be anything else causing the sound problem. I have also done a forced software download.

Any help or advice would be great

My system details are;

Model no SYSF26.28.06
    Version 4F31A2
    operating system SYSF26.28.06
    EPG software 38.2.1.6_1
    Amstrad HD box

2. Stevenage Neil

Stevenage Neil

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +897
    Logic would tell me that if it has only occured during the same movie, on two separate boxes, recorded at different times then it is a transmission problem.

The majority of viewers would have switched off/over as soon as the credits came on and so would not have heard/cared.

3. Broadz

Broadz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,423
    Sky having a crap copy of the movie?????

4. Stevenage Neil

Stevenage Neil

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +897
    There you go - "Sky bashing" again.......... :devil:

5. HDCriticalFan

HDCriticalFan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +127
    Yup.

I recall a movie a couple of years ago ("The Whole Ten Yards" perhaps ?) where the audio collapsed at a certain point. I deleted the recording and made another recoding when it was repeated ... exactly the same thing happened at exactly the same point.

It's pretty annoying - some channels (and I think C4 where guilty of this in the early days of C4HD) even manage to broadcast the "wrong" audio (i.e. miss out the centre channel of a 5.1 movie soundtrack).

It makes you realise that, in this day and age of multi-channel TV, no one is monitoring the output :(

Regards