• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Question Sky HD sound drop out - help

Scapegoat

Prominent Member
I have 2 x Sky HD boxes, both connected to Samsung TVs and Sonos Playbars.

All working fine for a long time, and then on the same day (maybe the same time) both setups have developed the same/similar fault.

Intermittently the sound drops out for a few seconds before coming back.

In one setup the playbar is also linked to 2 x Play 1s for surround sound. When the sound drops out and then returns, sometimes the surround sound doesn't come back straight away.

I have turned the TV speakers back on, and the sound drop out is only on the Playbar (i.e. Optical connection) but the TV sound is Ok (i.e. HDMI connedtion).

I have done a power down / power back up cycle without any success.

One fact is that the wifi failed on the same day and as yet has not been fixed (new router delivered tomorrow) - could this be the cause?

Cannot think why. The playbar is connected by cable, and does work some of the time apart from the drop out, so really stuck.

The latest video from AVForums

Spielberg, Shyamalan, Aronofsky, Chazelle, Eddie Murphy and Mel Gibson - all the latest movies
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom