SKY+HD Signal Strength/Quality

B

BazzaS

I've recently been suffering from what I can only describe as enlarged pictures (i.e. only part of the normal picture showing but taking up all the screen) on HD channels. Switching the Sky box off and on seems to cure this for a while. Anyway I thought I would check the signal strength/quality via 'settings' but I have no idea whether the extent of the grey part of the bar is the measure (about 80%) or whether the blue remainder is the measure.
Help can anyone please put me right ?
Regards Bazza

The grey.

With digital TV - the signal strength and quality will only have a very minimal effect on picture quality or appearance and certainly would not be causing your problem. Lack of signal strength or quality will only cause pixellation and blocking and not your symptoms.

Is the Sky box connected to your TV or via an amplifier or any other switching/splitting equipment? Your problem lies solely within your Sky box, the TV (most likely) or anything connected between them.

Last edited:
It sounds like the TV's zoom feature is turning itself on intermittently, and that would not be anything to do with the Sky receiver's signal strength.

One further thought would be to check that you are using the correct code on the Sky remote for your TV as it is possible that if using the wrong one that a button on your Sky remote is activating the zoom feature on your TV. Check for code under "Interactive Services" "Sky Customer Service" "5 Programme your remote" and find your particular model of TV.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom