Sky+ HD set up through SCART

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigshot72

Standard Member
I've just upgraded to Sky+ HD and have chosen the self set up option. The box turned up a few days before it was expected, so I'm still awaiting delivery of a HD TV. I've just tried to swap the boxes over now(to my old SD TV) and as my old TV has no HDMI connection I tried connecting with the Scart lead but couldn't get a picture. The green light on the box came on. I tried a couple of different Scart leads but the same happened with both. I've just connected my old Sky+ box in the exact same way and it works fine.

Anything I'm doing wrong, or is it a common issue?

Cheers

Stevenage Neil

Distinguished Member
Try changing the TV from RGB to Composite or vice versa.

bigshot72

Standard Member
Cheers, will try that later.

A question though. Why don't I need to change that with the other devices I've connected to that TV via scart?

Broadz

Distinguished Member
Cheers, will try that later.

A question though. Why don't I need to change that with the other devices I've connected to that TV via scart?

Because its already set to composite on the other device(s)? Or RGB? Whichever your TV requires...

Also ensure scart control is on - don't think having it switched off stops scart from working at all, but it won't do any harm turning it on anyway.

logiciel

Try connecting them another way - such as Sky RF1 Out to TV Aerial In tuned to analogue channel 68.

simon194

Because its already set to composite on the other device(s)? Or RGB? Whichever your TV requires...

Also ensure scart control is on - don't think having it switched off stops scart from working at all, but it won't do any harm turning it on anyway.

Having SCART control off will just stop the TV autoswitching to the AV channel.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom