Answered Sky HD replaced by Sky Q - aerial no longer available?

Spen

Standard Member
I've recently had my Sky HD replaced with Sky Q. The HD box was configured so that the the output could be shared via RF. No RF sockets on the Q box of course (no matter, I never used the shared output) so the aerial cable now goes directly to the TV, but now none of the aerial sockets in the house are receiving a signal. This does not matter on the TV connected to the Q box of course, but I don't have multi-room and watch via Freeview in another room.

I have an amp/distribution box (forgive my terminology) in the loft which I assume 'feeds' the various wall sockets, but why would removing the Sky HD box from the loop affect this?

What am I missing?

Attachments

JayCee

Distinguished Member
The aerial was probably plugged into your old Sky+HD and the RF out from that then went to the distribution box so look for an unused coax cable with a female end and plug the aerial directly into it.
If you also want to feed the aerial into your TV you'll need a coax splitter.
You may get away with a simple passive splitter if you have a good signal.

Spen

Standard Member
That is exactly it. Found amongst a nest of cables in conduit and holes in the rear of the AV unit. Thank you. Kitchen TV working as normal now, main TV I'll need a splitter as you said.

Cheers!

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Reported HDMI 2.1 bugs, Audiolab Amp & LG LED Projector reviews + Best of the Month
Top Bottom