Quantcast

Sky HD Remote

Alasdair Mackay

Standard Member
Sorry to be a bit thick !!!!LOL Where can I buy an additional HD remote
any help or advice would be appreciated, need it for my office tv as will only operate with my existing HD remote and getting fed up with having to take it upstairs to my office. Just operates normal sky on office tv but existing old sky remote will not work, was told to bin it or sell it with the unit.
 

HD-Dude

Novice Member
Robin-Hood said:
Sorry to be a bit thick !!!!LOL Where can I buy an additional HD remote
any help or advice would be appreciated, need it for my office tv as will only operate with my existing HD remote and getting fed up with having to take it upstairs to my office. Just operates normal sky on office tv but existing old sky remote will not work, was told to bin it or sell it with the unit.
A Sky+ handset will work but you can get the HD version from here

http://www.satcure.co.uk/accs/page3a.htm#skyhd

OK?

Jim.
 

Alasdair Mackay

Standard Member
Thanks Jim
 

Rhys89

Standard Member
why is it so ugly? wot is different from the sky+ remote?
 

brendan_dj

Novice Member
rhys_blingmaste said:
why is it so ugly? wot is different from the sky+ remote?
It is strange that a regular Sky+ remote can work both regular Sky+ and SkyHD...

You might then assume that the IR signals are the same...

BUT... The SkyHD remote will only work with SkyHD... NOT regular Sky+

This proves that my assumption above must be false.

My theory is that the IR codes from the SkyHD remote may be faster and perhaps outside the tolerance of the regular Sky+ digibox.
 

si-

Standard Member
brendan_dj said:
It is strange that a regular Sky+ remote can work both regular Sky+ and SkyHD...


BUT... The SkyHD remote will only work with SkyHD... NOT regular Sky+

QUOTE]
you can reprogram the remote to work a sky+ if you want to.
 

Similar threads

Top Bottom