SKY+HD receiving problems.

derfledermause

Standard Member
Hello good people, Please can anyone confirm or deny that SKY+HD customers living in Scotland, with a standard installation, are fitted with a bigger dish antenna than those in England?. I am locking horns with SKY over this and wish to have the information before persuing this further.
May I thank anyone who replies.
Derfledermause.

In Southern and Central England the standard fitment was a 43 cm dish (commonly called a zone 1 dish) in Scotland and most of Northern England the standard was a 60cm dish (zone 2 dish). These measurements were the approx width of the dishes although current zone 1 dishes are now wider.

MartinPickering

I think current zone 2 dishes are nearer 70cm?
Anyway, if you are north of Carlisle, you won't get reliable reception with a zone 1 dish. If you are north of Glasgow, you probably won't get reliable reception with a zone 2 dish.
Sky+HD seems especially prone to problems with small dishes because a momentary loss of signal will result in "recording failed" whereas, with a standard Digibox, you may simply see a momentary flash across the screen.

(And this question should obviously be in the SkyHD section and not here!)

derfledermause

Standard Member
Thank you gentlemen for the information. May I apologize to MartinPickering, I thought I was in the right place, but obviously not. Sorry once again.

logiciel

The apology is for AVF but I'm sure MP will share it with me.
Great operetta by the way.
:D
:clap:

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Marantz SR7015 & NAD T 778 AVR + Mission LX2 MKII Speaker Reviews, AV & Film News and More
Top Bottom