• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Sky+ HD query

Veni Vidi Vici

Hi

I thinking about getting Sky HD mainly because my old Sky+ box is knackered and needs replacing and I now have a full HD tv.

If I buy the HD box am I tied into a minimum term contract? If I decide I know longer want HD do I get to keep the box and loose the HD channels or do they take the HD box back and give you an old Sky+ box?

thanks

Last edited:

sizedoesmatter

Usually a minimum 12 month contract.

If you cancel your whole sub you still keep the box, & get whatever free channels there are at the time, BBCHD & Luxe at the mo.

Or reduce the package & get the non premium HD ch's

SkyBloke77

You own the box, so if you wanted to you could keep your old sky+ box as well if you wanted to.

But you will get to keep the HD box after the 12 month contract is up, and like it has been mentioned in another post, you will still the FTA HD channels (which is currently BBCHD,LUXEHD,RUSHHD,CHANNEL4HD).

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom