Sky hd quality?

Comrinec

Standard Member
How good does sky hd actually look, is it proper hd like hd-dvds and tv series like 24, or just upscaled sharpened sd video? How many hd channels are there? And can you get sky hd at just £25 a month with the normal £15 sub + £10 hd sub? Also is it possible to decline to have it installed so you can do it yourself for free? I don't like the idea of paying £60 just for someone to come and connect the power and hdmi cable to the box.

Abbeygoo

Distinguished Member
It's excellent : Sky Movies 9 and 10HD, Sky Sports 1 and 2 HD, SkyOne HD, BBC HD are probably the main channels. You can chuck in Nat Geo, History, Discovery and a couple of Box Office Channels plus Prem Plus too.

The information in the search and scan banner denotes whether it is being broadcast in HD and not upscaled SD. A lot of the programmes on SkyOne HD are not in HD but more and more are coming. Search around this forum for some more detailed answers to your questions.

sisko

I just got Sky HD installed today and the picture is excellent, and that is just on my 37"PW7 SD Plasma, my 42"HD set doesn't arrive until Saturday.

If the picture is good on an SD plasma it will be even better on an HD one.

I would say go for it.

Abbeygoo

Distinguished Member
I just got Sky HD installed today and the picture is excellent, and that is just on my 37"PW7 SD Plasma, my 42"HD set doesn't arrive until Saturday.

If the picture is good on an SD plasma it will be even better on an HD one.

I would say go for it.
Yeah absolutely. I have seen the future, it's HD.

wulliecoutts

Novice Member
How good does sky hd actually look, is it proper hd like hd-dvds and tv series like 24, or just upscaled sharpened sd video? How many hd channels are there? And can you get sky hd at just £25 a month with the normal £15 sub + £10 hd sub? Also is it possible to decline to have it installed so you can do it yourself for free? I don't like the idea of paying £60 just for someone to come and connect the power and hdmi cable to the box.
its the dogs dangly parts mate !