Sky HD PSU Sky+ PSU

Aimer

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi All, I am getting the problems with my Sky HD box that point to a PSU problem. Before I spend £40 getting a new PSU (and upsetting the kids by not having Sky for a few days), I have an old Sky+ box sat in my cupboard and my question is can I do a straight swap with the PSU's?
Thanks, Mark.

Hi All, I am getting the problems with my Sky HD box that point to a PSU problem. Before I spend £40 getting a new PSU (and upsetting the kids by not having Sky for a few days), I have an old Sky+ box sat in my cupboard and my question is can I do a straight swap with the PSU's?
Thanks, Mark.

I don't know whether or not you can swap around the PSU's but, if you can't, then why not save some money and just buy the capacitor kit from SatCure? It's then just a matter of de-soldering and re-soldering 15 capacitors on the PSU board. A friend and myself did the same job just yesterday and everything worked absolutely fine.

Cheers,

Martin.

Last edited:
If its a late version thomson sky+ box I am pretty sure they are the same - have a good look at them before you do the swap but I know someone who has swapped from sky + to a sky HD box - but beaware that these could also have the same fault !

ok
Thomson DSI6210(Sky+) /Thomson DSI8210CS(sky+) / Thomson DSI8215 (sky+HD)

All the above use the same psu.

Discussed here: [ link deleted by moderator ]

Last edited by a moderator:

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom