Sky HD & PS3 to two TV's

Discussion in 'Cables & Switches' started by Alanm73, Jan 7, 2012.

1. Alanm73

Alanm73
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Due to turning my diningroom into a playroom for my daughter i need to install a new TV so she can watch Nick Jr and CBBC and so i can use the room at night for some PS3 fun. To do this I plan to move my Swop my sky + box as it is on its last legs for a Sky HD box and move this and my PS3 into a cupboard next to the playroom.

I am then planning to use a 4x2 HDMI Matrix Switcher (High Speed with 3D support) - HKM42-UK ,this will then go over a 3 meter HDMI cable to either a Sony KDL32CX523 or a Samsung UE32D5520 in the playroom.

Then for the livingroom I need to use a 15 meter HDMI cable to a HDMI to Component Converter - Perfect for converting SkyHD the into the component inputs on my Sony KDE37XS1. Or am i better using 2 runs of cat 6 with a HDMI Over Ethernet - HDMI Over Cat5e / Cat6 1080p 30m Extender Only £21.00 at TVCables then then into the hdmi convertor?

Any alternative suggestions are welcome before i take the plunge and start spanding £££

Thanks, Alan

Last edited: Jan 7, 2012
  2. betelgeus

betelgeus

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +16
    one question is,are you going to pay for a new sky hd box,if so then maybe by the time you've bought the box the switcher and the cabling,it might cost more than the £120 a year you would pay for multiroom,the benefit of this is they come and do the wiring,you get a box in both rooms and can watch your own channels and after 12 months you cancel multiroom but your daughter keeps the box for freeview including all cbbc channels.