soph17

Novice Member
Hi all

I was wondering if someone could help please?

Im having trouble setting up sky hd box in the caravan. I’m using a tevion mini dish and lnb mounted on a heavy duty tripod. Connected by a single coax cable.

I cannot for the life of me get signal strength let alone quality

In terms of dish alignment I’m using two apps, a compass and lining from the house dish/lnb to point to Astra 2.

lnb is skewed to between 30 and 35 minutes (imagining a clock face)

dish is almost vertical

I’m getting nothing at all

ive tried setting the box up to single feed input one only (can’t remember ever doing that before to be honest)

I’ve changed everything box, coax, lnb, I’ve set the sat finder up Inline so know the lnb is getting power

i swore, held my mouth a funny way, got a cob on, calmed down, googled, swore again

im pretty techno savvy but I’m stumped now. I used to be one of those irritating people that set the dish up on site within five minutes, had a child and break from caravanning and now whatever skill I had is gone....

im convinced I’m missing a set up thing that’s really simple but can’t for the life of me figure out what. I’ve used the tevion dish and lnb before so know It can work

please please help - I’m going nuts

thank you for reading this far and sorry for the long post just trying to provide sufficient detail

The latest video from AVForums

Movies Podcast: Star Trek in 4K. Is the new boxset worth it?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom