Sky HD+ problem

Bluesnapper

Standard Member
After switching on the box first thing in the morning everything is OK, ie I can use Sky text, pause and live rewind etc.

Problem is sometime during the day something happens and the above stops working although I can play back recorded programs.

The next day, after switching everything off via the socket, same thing happens.

Any ideas how to fix this?

logiciel

Report it to Sky and get a new machine from them.

Stevenage Neil

Distinguished Member
Personally, I would first try changing the batteries in the remote.

logiciel

When did you get that job as a Sky agent?

logiciel

Stevenage Neil

Distinguished Member
Read up on how an IR transmitter and receiver work............and then the ratio of "1"'s to "Zero"s in each separate control code.........and then match that with "Works first thing but fails, (with some codes), after a period of use"..........then consider failing batteries.

(Part of education is the ability to absorb to all the facts and use your knowledge to interpret what you have been told and make a reasonable judgement - may not be true, but at least could provide more information/education to others.)

Last edited:

logiciel

OK: You've got the job.:thumbsup:

Stevenage Neil

Distinguished Member
Report it to Sky and get a new machine from them.

I'm glad your not my GP - your answer to "I have a headache" would be to "get a new head"..............:rotfl:

(At the NHS's , (NI payers), expense.)

Last edited:

logiciel

Sky give out new machines the way doctors give out pills, so that's why my answer is always the same, but that doesn't mean that either has my approval for doing so.

MartinPickering

OK, let's start right at the beginning:-

1. What's the make and model number on the back panel or underneath on the base?
2. How long have you had it?
3. Exactly what time of day does "something happen" and have you looked to see whether that "something" is, for example, interference from the central heating?

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom