Sky Hd possible box fault?

DJ_K

Novice Member
Hi,

I have had my Sky HD box since June 2008.

This is the box details,

Model Number - 902020
Version Number - 4E3009
Operating System Version -1.32B12
EPG Software Version - sky+8.3.2

Its connected to a Sony 32" KDL-32U3000 television.

Problem is lately everytime I turn on the tv and then the Sky HD box, the Sky HD box has lost its Hdmi connection. The light on the box is green and it still responds to remote commands, but the box will then not turn off via the remote. The only way to resolve this is to completely power down the box.

I've changed Hdmi cables and the problem remains. Has anyone else suffered from this?

My box still has the component outputs and I fear that this is the box dying. Its never been perfect and every little niggle its had has went away to be replaced by a different problem. This losing the Hdmi connection seems to be its latest party trick.

Anyone else suffered from this or any suggestions please?

Thanks for any help on this. :)

mps

Hi,

I have had my Sky HD box since June 2008.

This is the box details,

Model Number - 902020
Version Number - 4E3009
Operating System Version -1.32B12
EPG Software Version - sky+8.3.2

Its connected to a Sony 32" KDL-32U3000 television.

Problem is lately everytime I turn on the tv and then the Sky HD box, the Sky HD box has lost its Hdmi connection. The light on the box is green and it still responds to remote commands, but the box will then not turn off via the remote. The only way to resolve this is to completely power down the box.

I've changed Hdmi cables and the problem remains. Has anyone else suffered from this?

My box still has the component outputs and I fear that this is the box dying. Its never been perfect and every little niggle its had has went away to be replaced by a different problem. This losing the Hdmi connection seems to be its latest party trick.

Anyone else suffered from this or any suggestions please?

Thanks for any help on this. :)
Try in reverse the switching of your units,ie box first then tv and see.

;)

kevmarshall

Novice Member
This is a Thomson box and will almost certainly be needing the PSU replaced by now. I have an older E3007 Thomson with upgraded PSU, it makes a decent box and allows you to keep the useful Component outputs (not seen on any other make)

Do a search This Forum for "Thomson PSU" "Satcure" and you will find much discussion on the subject.

(Try a Planner re-build rather than switching off at the plug)

DJ_K

Novice Member
mps - I'll give your suggestion a try and see it that makes things any better. :)

kevmarshall - I've done a planner rebuild tonight. When I turned my box on tonight it didn't have a sat signal on input one. No channel would display. Done a planner rebuild and its been fine for the rest of the evening.

I can't actually do a planner rebuild though when the box seems to have lost the hdmi connection as I then can't see what the box is doing due to the button presses.

I have saw the psu issue discussed on this forum many a time and that thought had crossed my mind mate. :)

Thanks to you both, I'll give your suggestions both a go and report back if the issue seems to be cured lol. Till something else goes wrong with my Thomson box.

Cheers guys, your help is appreciated. :)

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Best Hi-Fi products of 2020, Plus Best of the Month for TV Shows & Movies
Top Bottom